Legal or Not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had the truck state safety inspection done yesterday and was told the light hood mount light cannons were not legal in the state of VA. Yes or no..

Thoughts?

OP
OP
fjcoop

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fair comment, I had the black covers in the center console. So I put them. Still told there were not legal

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd have to dig into the rules, but I'm sure a lot of the stuff we do technically is not road legal.

OP
OP
fjcoop

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you mentioned that. The tech unplugged them where they connect right next to the hing and I put the covers on. He passed it but was very critical of the cannons.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So did it pass? Next year just unmount them, unless you're going to dig through the rules. However, then you will be that guy and they will find something else to fail you on

OP
OP
fjcoop

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He did pass it. The lights are plugged back in and the black covers are on until I am off road. I still think it is legal as long as the black covers are on. Just wanted to get a temperature check from you boys

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Germany we had to have black covers to pass inspection, haven't had any issues in utah with a florida reg.

OP
OP
fjcoop

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I am thinking my KC's D3's in my bumper that are wired to one of the up lifter switches is not legal either because they are not wired to the low beams. Further more I think light operating as a pair need to be the same color. I have one clear and one Amber on each side.