Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]

Led headlight bulb?

This is a discussion on Led headlight bulb? within the Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDs.com Sorry, just saw this post. Yes if you have one of the Raptors without HIDs from ...

User Tag List

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2018, 01:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDs.com View Post
Sorry, just saw this post. Yes if you have one of the Raptors without HIDs from the factory (standard h13 bulbs) our CrystaLux XHP Series H13 bulbs are plug and play and will give you a big improvement in light.

Use discount code RAPTORFORUM for 10% off and they are available here:

Vehicle Specific - Ford - F-150 (2009-2014) - Page 1 - 4x4TruckLEDs.com
Do you offer a set in a lower Kelvin rating, say 5000 K? I cant get into the blue/white light of 6500 Kelvin LEDs.

"Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most"
Otis857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

seems alot more white than blue to me. stole this video from f150forum. helped me make the decision to purchase

https://youtu.be/uvG4IO-Enpg
SZDZMTR likes this.

i dont capitalize or use apostrophes here. it really serves no purpose. ill do that when i write my life story.
FreightTerrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Otis857 View Post
Do you offer a set in a lower Kelvin rating, say 5000 K? I cant get into the blue/white light of 6500 Kelvin LEDs.
It's actually pretty close to pure white. We know 6500k usually has a blue huge but it's actually white. Now our XHP70 bulbs, which are for projectors THOSE have a slight blue Huge in projectors but the XHP50's are pure white.

Also, the entire kit is plug and play for the most part on the 2014 and older trucks. Just plug it in and you are done. I say for the MOST part because SOME trucks have an issue where if you replace your fog lights as well, turning your fogs on turns your high beams on. You can either do the "bambi mod" or you can install CANBUS Anti-Flicker adapters... it's just a weird issue because the lights don't use a lot of power and something with the Fords throws the highs on... canbus adapters fix that (or the bambi mod for $3 in parts).

LED HEADLIGHTS, FOG LIGHTS, LIGHTBARS, BULBS & MORE
Like us on FaceBook - Follow us on Instagram - www.4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:53 PM   #14 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
Installation of the ballast drivers is "plug and play?"
its just one extra connection. just have to find a place to secure the ballast. i ziptied mine to this angled metal piece. its not going anywhere.

i dont capitalize or use apostrophes here. it really serves no purpose. ill do that when i write my life story.
FreightTerrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:22 AM   #15 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Originally Posted by FreightTerrain View Post
you will be
Thanks Freight. I have waited until now to try the LEDs because the older ones always had terrible reviews and about the same reliability. Seems like this company has all their ducks lined up. Happy to support folks who do. I'll do a completely unbiased and unprofessional review when I get mine installed.
MGD likes this.
Prybar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:18 AM   #16 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)

Here is a good alternative. It's always good to have a choice.

PIAA | Platinum H13 LED Bulb Twin Pack #26-17313

"I like my coffee black, and my tea in the harbor." - Jay Posey, author
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Snowsled View Post
Oncoming traffic, not so much....

The stock reflector was not designed for an led bulb but a halogen filament. You will be blinding your fellow road users.

Find this statement hard to believe. Show me the science.
Black_Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:23 AM   #18 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Black_Valkyrie View Post
Find this statement hard to believe. Show me the science.
danielsternlighting.com Plenty of reading there. Not so much on leds because I don't know if the guy is still around. The fact is, reflectors need to be designed for the bulb to get proper light refraction. Incandescent bulb filaments have a distinct pattern as do leds but they are not the same. The light cast forward is compromised by the non incandescent bulb and you blind your fellow motorists.

Since you are the one considering this bad idea, maybe YOU should seek out the science before proceeding... I don't care what you do but I do know from experience that it is a bad idea.

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDs.com View Post
Ohh that argument is really old now snow. Sure in the old days (years ago) LEDs were terrible in housings but they have come a LONG way. The kits we sell do NOT blind drivers (otherwise we would not sell them, as we don't sell anything that is crap and causes problems... one reason we don't sell those cheap RGB light bars the Jeep guys love). Sure there are still some cheap crappy kits out there that do more harm them good (TONS Of them all over).

We've always offered folks their money back if they have problems and cause glare. So far... not one person has taken us up on that or reported any glare. In fact... I used to get into arguments with guys who were VERY anti-LED until they tried our lights and they started singing a different tune afterwards.

That is hilarious! Because the argument is old it is somehow invalid? Even though you go on to admit there are TONS of bad kits out there? Somehow yours are special though right?

Second paragraph is equally amusing... You mean none of the people blinding others found it to be a problem for them? AMAZING testimony there!
Ruger likes this.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:44 AM   #19 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

None of my customers blind drivers with our products. We didn't just sell a bulb to sell a bulb. I have an entire graveyard of bulbs I tested before settling on the product I sell now. I don't throw my logo on a product and sell it and claim "this is great" I do a LOT of testing. Since it's my own brand and I'm not reselling someone elses I put a lot of time/money into finding the right product.

I've argued with people like you before and in the end convinced them to try the product out... ya know what happened? Those guys sung a different tune and started telling all their friends how great our product was.

Wanna try a kit out and if ya don't like it, 100% money back guarantee? OR do you wanna sit on the internet, post "LED's are bad!" constantly and get into arguments? Try it out for yourself.

LED HEADLIGHTS, FOG LIGHTS, LIGHTBARS, BULBS & MORE
Like us on FaceBook - Follow us on Instagram - www.4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Snowsled View Post
danielsternlighting.com Plenty of reading there. Not so much on leds because I don't know if the guy is still around. The fact is, reflectors need to be designed for the bulb to get proper light refraction. Incandescent bulb filaments have a distinct pattern as do leds but they are not the same. The light cast forward is compromised by the non incandescent bulb and you blind your fellow motorists.

Since you are the one considering this bad idea, maybe YOU should seek out the science before proceeding... I don't care what you do but I do know from experience that it is a bad idea.

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

That is hilarious! Because the argument is old it is somehow invalid? Even though you go on to admit there are TONS of bad kits out there? Somehow yours are special though right?

Second paragraph is equally amusing... You mean none of the people blinding others found it to be a problem for them? AMAZING testimony there!
If you look at your headlamp housing you will note that all direct light from the bulb itself is physically shielded and does not project forward. Light is captured and focused by the reflector. As long as the light from the led is produced even approximately within the same physical area as a normal h13 incandescent lamp, the beam of light produced by your headlamps will be virtually identical.

Again - show me the science.
Black_Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote