LED bulbs in Anzo U Bar Lamps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnston.jer

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum. I just ordered a pair of Anzo U-bar headlight assemblies. I was curious if anyone has had success with installing LED H1 and H7 bulbs in them? Is this possible with the designed dust covers? I see a few on amazon that are fanless designs and was curious if these would work?

UPDATE: I picked up some PIAA Halogens to run in them for the moment. It looks like the LED's may have fitment issues. I would like to keep the enclosures as tight as possible. Hope these are better than the terrible stock bulbs. I think to go the HID route it would be in my best interest to stay away from "China" and get actual HID Projectors.

Thanks!

Last edited:

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These lights were on my truck when I bought it. Had HIDs, previous owner drilled the back of the dust covers and used the HIDs supplied grommets. I live in the soggy PNW and havent had issues with moisture. Id like to go to LED bulbs since the HID ballasts are starting to go out

OP
OP
J

johnston.jer

Reaction score
These lights were on my truck when I bought it. Had HIDs, previous owner drilled the back of the dust covers and used the HIDs supplied grommets. I live in the soggy PNW and havent had issues with moisture. Id like to go to LED bulbs since the HID ballasts are starting to go out
Thanks CamanKyle! I will see how these Halogens work for a bit, but may look into the LED's down the road. I think they are really sweet. The cooling fans scare me a bit with the offroading I do though. Most say not to use them with housings that are designed with dust covers. I did see a fanless style (as stated above) on amazon yesterday that looked promising? I think we will see lots of design and engineering improvements on these in the next year.

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was looking at doing my next retrofit with those Anzo lights. I may just build a set and see if anyone is interested in buying them.