Leadfoot's Orange Crush / Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Hello!
I just want to take a minuite to introduce myself, My name is Norm.
I have been an avid enthusiast, customizing trucks for years now.
I just want to share the vast knowledge that I have gained from all the fine folks here and share my personal experiences with you all.
On that note, what I do to my truck definately will not appeal to everyone. Our own vision is what makes our trucks ROLLING ART forms.
I hope you can all gain something from my experiences you are about to follow in great detail. I am always happy to help out a fellow member and answer any questions.
ENJOY!
CHEERS!
Norm

http://www.raptorforumz.com/showthread.php?t=7703

OP
OP
Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Day 1

Exhaust Installed
Hi Guys!
I actually got this done immediately after picking up the Truck from my dealer.
No time to post until now, holiday! Ahhhhhh!
Anyhow, my intentions were to go the full 9 yards as all of my Trucks from headers to high-flow cats to dual exhaust out both sides...
First off, the Raptor is too wide for my tuners dyno to get a read on gains.
Second, the cats on the Raptor are nowhere near as restrictive as my previous performance trucks. (Lightning, Harley...) We decided to try out the factory cats and do a cat back system. We did not want to mess with things without dyno.
Upon further observation, we decided to do a side exit system replicating the old Lightning set up with a slightly up swing style. There is not enough room to carry an x-pipe without a horendous bend which would be resrictive and negate the purpose of improving the flow to bring a pipe around the frame down the drivers side. The gas tank is a big obstacle to stay clear of. Even with an oval pipe like in NASCAR we were to proud of the frame which would be torn off on our first off road weekend for sure. The only other option was to cut the frame and weld in a tube to pass the pipe through, which I am not prepared to do to my brand new truck with 8 miles on er' at this time...
After trying out several different mufflers, no muffler, glass packs etc. in the shop, I decided once again to go to my ol' favorite sound & performance MAGNAFLOW.
Very pleased with the overall sound & performance. Relatively subdued until you lean on it , then it comes ALIVE! Muffler far enough back to cut out cab drone.
More PIC's, Video & Sound clips to follow.

We used;
MAGNAFLOW Part#14221
Material: 100% Stainless Steel - Mirror Finish
Body Shape: 5in.x8in. Oval
Inlet/Outlet Size: 3in./2.5in.
Body Length: 14in.
Overall Length: 20in.
Core Size: 3in.
Position: Single/Dual

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=8581

Much THANKS to Sav & The GANG @ NOYZBOYZ Performance Exhaust!
CHEERS!
www.noyzboyz.com

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Thumbnails

OP
OP
Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installation of some more goodies!

Stainless Bullbar with PIAA Lights
Stainless Door Handles
Stainless Bully Step Bar
Stainless Gas Cap
FORD BEDRUG
FORD F-150 Bed Mat
ARE LSII Tonneau Cover
In-Channel Ventshades
Tint w/ Windsheild Banner
LED Brakelight Bar
Attached Thumbnails

OP
OP
Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wheel Ideas (Trying on some NEW Shoes)

My 1st choice was the American Racing ATX Series "ARTILLERY" 20" x 10" (CHROME)
Allan then decided to bring in the Teflon Wheel which would be ideal for our harsh environment and the salt use during the winter months.
We tried the 36" x 15.5" Mickey Thompson MTZ's & 35" x 13.5" Baja Claws Result; Need more positive offset wheel
The last set is the NEW V-Rock Wheel we have tried on with both tire combinations and the 35" Baja Claws work fine with this 20" +30 Offset
These wheels will be featured in an upcoming photo shoot for V-ROCK for use in future adds and marketing campaigns...

We have tried several 20" Wheel & Tire combinations and have concluded that a + 30 to +35 offset wheel is ideal for these Trucks.

"Stay tuned for what we have really decided to go with!"

"Much Thanks to Allan Lake @ Pickering Tire'n'Mag for all his efforts!"
Attached Thumbnails

OP
OP
Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just messin' around!
SVT Fender Emblem (Chrome Vinyl)
SVT Control Arm (Painted)
Chrome Wire Loom
Aluminum Pedals
Husky Liners
FORD Shoulder Pads
SVT Billet Lighter
Billet Antenna
Wiper Boots
Attached Thumbnails

OP
OP
Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FOX RACING SHOX / Perch Adjustment

"A BIG Thanks to my Buddy Trevor @ Whitby Transmission!"

Good day Folks!
I just got back from Trevor's Shop after completing the factory shock adjustment.
No need to remove any parts of the suspension. Here it is in simple steps.

Step 1- Remove the wheels.

Step 2- Apply the spring compressor

Step 3- Remove the set screw in the blue ring and slide it up to reveal the retainer spring clip.

Step 4- Move Spring clip up to the desired setting. (There are 2 above factory.)

Step 5- Install the set screw and release spring clamp. DONE!

We went up one adjustment notch to the middle position as you will see in the photo's for a total gain of 1 3/4" overall to the bottom of the fender of sprung weight after settle.
I am more than happy with the slightly stiffer feel in the front end. Made sure I hit some jumps on the way home to check out entry and hard braking charachteristics... BIG improvement all around. I like the way it bites in the corner better both on & off-road.
The entire procedure takes less than an hour. We hope these photo's will help simplify things for you do it yourselfer's. Let me know if you have any questions.
Ontario folks, contact me for Trevors number if you would like to have this done for you.
I have booked an alignment for later today.
CHEERS!
Norm

P.S. Alignment Specs. to follow!
Attached Thumbnails

OP
OP
Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alignment Specs.

After completion of the perch adjustment on the factory shocks, I had R.J. Phillips of Whitby do an alignment.
The conclusion was that the toe was definately out .7 degrees on both left & right after the lift.
It is recomended that for those of us who actually plan on using this truck for what it is made for that we install a caster & camber kit to keep things in line under heavy use and to assist on the fine tuning of the alignment.
The truck rides better than it did from the factory...

"Thanks to Rob, Jason & John @ R.J. Phillips of Whitby for all your advice,care, concern & precision on the alignment."

Attached Thumbnails

OP
OP
Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I have always had my Billet Mag-Lite mounted in my Trucks and my Billet Fire Extinguisher...
Has anyone else mounted these items in their rig yet?
CHEERS!
Norm

OP
OP
Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh Yeah! HENNESSEY ROCKS!

Just installed the NEW CAI and 93 Octane Tune in the Orange Crush...
WoW! Really woke that BAD BOY up! LOVE the sound of the intake!
Install was very straight forward and took all of 10-15mins.
I really like the idea of the Intake using the duct work from the factory air-box to bring in COLD AIR. I am looking at ways to shroud the warmer engine air from entering the intake. Stay Tuned!
CHEERS!
Attached Thumbnails

OP
OP
Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PROMO- 20" V-Rock Wheels
w/ 35" x 13.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials

I am running these wheels for the time being as a Promotional Vehicle.
Stay Tuned! My Wheels will be going on soon...

Much Thanks once again to Allan & The Boys @ Pickering Tire'n'Mag.
CHEERS!

Attached Thumbnails