Last raptor built ? = Our trucks value ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I was looking through a couple of posts today and it got me wondering..........
If 2014 is the last year for the raptor what do you think that will mean for the resale value of our trucks?

D

Deleted member 12951

Other threads on this subject already but Raptor's should have a really good resale this year and definitely more in 2015. If they make a new model of the Raptor then things might change but I personally don't think that much like a normal F-150. People want these trucks.

Misfit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeing how the 6.2 will no longer be available I have a good feeling about the value of these trucks. Sucky part is I'll never sell mine lol.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1. There will be a new Raptor
2. It won't be out for about 2 years from now
3. Your Raptor will always hold its value
4. But that value could go down when the new (Gen II) comes out
5. If you think the 6.2 will make your Raptor worth more good for you (IMO once the new Raptors come out all bets are off but the Raptor will hold its value better than other Ford trucks).

OP
OP
Hole Shot

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I def. think that if they come out with a ecoboost gen II it wont be as disirable. But maybe the wont, look at the lightning???

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ecoboosts look like a lot of work. There is a reason TT don't have turbo chargers on them out in the desert (which is the reason why the raptor is not turbo charged, and same with the Raptor-R model). I think the value will drop a bit this year personally. Wouldn't mind unloading mine before they announce anything new.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It will hold it's value. How much is a good question. Currently, for a clean Raptor, you can get very, very close to what you paid for it even if it's a year or two old. Once the new one comes out, I can almost guarantee that you won't get that and the value's will drop into the upper 30's range rather than sticking at the mid to upper 40's like they are now.

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to sell mine either. The plan is to mod it until it becomes to stupid to drive.

Besides I wouldn't want a gen II until the second or third year of production.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like how people regurgitate something that was said by someone else who didn't know what they were talking about... then it perpetuates and soon everyone is saying it like it's factual.

Has anyone read with 100% certainty that there will be another Raptor and if there is, that it won't have a 6.2L? No and no! Will there be another Raptor? Probably. Will it have a 6.2L? Who knows? Let's not talk about this like it's gospel though. Just because the 2015 F-150 engine offerings don't include a 6.2L isn't reason enough to think that the next Raptor won't still use it, if there is a next Raptor. The SuperDuty line of trucks is continuing to use the 6.2L engine and Ford just signed a contract with a marine division to provide the 6.2L engine for ski/wake board boat applications.

The unknown status of the next model Raptor will influence the resale of current Raptor... could be in a good way, could be bad, but the Raptor will always have a better resale value when compared to regular F-150. Bottom line: It's too early to know for sure.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truly question whether there will be genII raptor. Would not be surprised if ford introduces a new Lightning type model instead.

(not just saying that because I have a raptor and worried about resale value)