GEN 1 The last Ford product I'll ever buy....not in a good way.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you can't afford to keep a 60k truck in running order buy a cheeper one. Don't mater how much stuff costs it all breaks eventually that's why I recomend driving the **** out of a new vehical right away and taking it easy later. At least your dealer is good.

NOLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can't afford to keep a 60k truck in running order buy a cheeper one. Don't mater how much stuff costs it all breaks eventually that's why I recomend driving the **** out of a new vehical right away and taking it easy later. At least your dealer is good.

Wilson, no disrespect intended, this is just a discussion….But come on, buying a 60k truck doesn't mean that I should shoulder the responsibility to repair warranty items in the 3/36 period, regardless of cost. I still maintain that if Ford was planning on not covering certain items, then say so at the initial purchase, so we are all informed.

NOLA

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wilson, no disrespect intended, this is just a discussion….But come on, buying a 60k truck doesn't mean that I should shoulder the responsibility to repair warranty items in the 3/36 period, regardless of cost. I still maintain that if Ford was planning on not covering certain items, then say so at the initial purchase, so we are all informed.

NOLA

I didn't mean any disrespect either. My point was drive the **** out of it find the week links right away. Your dealer should IMO pushed the work threw, they know you better than I do.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Oh and rock has. Rebuild on shocks you pay shipping and material I think.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just fix it and move on. Get new leafs and shocks. Upgrade like a true raptor owner would do. A little squeak is really not that big of a deal. It's an offroad truck. Maybe you should have bought a Cadillac

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just fix it and move on. Get new leafs and shocks. Upgrade like a true raptor owner would do. A little squeak is really not that big of a deal. It's an offroad truck. Maybe you should have bought a Cadillac

Damn guys give NOLA a break! He never said he would not or could not afford to do upgrades. He just like us wants what he paid for, that is a working as it should truck. I suppose you bashers can say once you bought your Raptor it has NEVER been back to Ford, cause you fix it and move on right??!!

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn guys give NOLA a break! He never said he would not or could not afford to do upgrades. He just like us wants what he paid for, that is a working as it should truck. I suppose you bashers can say once you bought your Raptor it has NEVER been back to Ford, cause you fix it and move on right??!!

Yes actually I can say exactly that. I've never taken my truck back to the stealership. What did he really expect to happen? He's on a raptor forum bashing raptors because "it squeaks". That's kind of ridiculous if you ask me. And then the OP of this thread is upset because his shocks are leaking. Yea that sucks. But that's about on par with what fox says as far as service intervals. Sure some people have got 100 thousand miles or more out of stock shocks. And yea it sucks ford won't fix it for you. Just pay the money to have them rebuilt. It's really not that much. And you say you have only highway miles, so that makes me wonder why you bought a raptor in the first place. Performance vehicles require more maintenance than say a Toyota Corolla. Especially one built to go offroad from the factory. You can't expect it to last forever just because it cost a lot of money.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My apologies to you svt_reid, you one of two men I know who have never returned to have any warranty work done. Me, I am cheap I guess, I paid for it to work right and that's what they gonna make it do. As far as the OP, there are actually two different one's on this thread. Maybe I read it wrong, I took they were upset with Ford not the Raptor. But, hell I been wrong before. I join um tho, this is my last Ford too! Only cause I ain't drivin no damn ecoboost!