Lane Departure Wanring System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrud1998

Reaction score
On the new F-150's, Ford is offering a lane change warning system. Do you think that some company may come up with a system that we can add to our turn signal system easily.
This way, when we put on our signals to make a turn, a warning will appear in our mirror to warn of vehicles in the adjacent lanes. I know many manufacturer's offer such a device but it would be great if we could have a "plug and play" for our raptors.
Mike

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it would be real evasive to add something like that but I could be wrong. I doubt anybody in the aftermarket will make it but I could be wrong.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Highly doubt it. The radar system used must be mounted plastic and not metal. So the unit was placed in the taillight on the 2015 models. So not only location, but cost, installation, and make it work with the factory electronics would be an incredibly huge feat, even if it was possible.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Why? Just pay attention to what you are doing :Big Laugh: All of these types of systems are aimed at the inattentive driver. They are crutches for bad drivers.
...and make it work with the factory electronics would be an incredibly huge feat, even if it was possible.
This is the part that is the deal breaker. Our trucks are already very complicated when it comes to electronics and software, integrating something else like this would be a nightmare.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The new Subaru aka Scooby we picked up last fall has all the safety systems and while they are really great for that long drive where you might zone out or in rush hour when you are cut off of the person in front of you slams on the brakes the everyday driving with it does get a little annoying when it beeps at you for going outside your lane and such.

The subaru setup uses dual cameras in the front windshield to alert you for lane change, collision warning etc and even applies brakes for you.

The only thing I do love and wish every car had it is if at a light and the car in front of you starts going and you do not move it alerts you, so the person behind you does not get pissed or has to honk to get you to look up from what ever you are doing.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
The only thing I do love and wish every car had it is if at a light and the car in front of you starts going and you do not move it alerts you, so the person behind you does not get pissed or has to honk to get you to look up from what ever you are doing.

Thats a really good idea. Not to derail the thread but that is a system that should come on vehicles. I hate it when people just sit there after the light goes green.

Jeff Quinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around here, the state paints lines on the road, and it works just great. I have my mirrors set up to where I look in the mirror, and if another vehicle is in the lane beside me, I see it with my eyeballs, in living color. The more electronic crap added to a vehicle, the more that will go wrong. Also, I look forward at a traffic light, and when the vehicle in front of me starts moving, I see it. Works great!

Jeff

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Around here, the state paints lines on the road, and it works just great. I have my mirrors set up to where I look in the mirror, and if another vehicle is in the lane beside me, I see it with my eyeballs, in living color. The more electronic crap added to a vehicle, the more that will go wrong. Also, I look forward at a traffic light, and when the vehicle in front of me starts moving, I see it. Works great!

Jeff

I don't want it installed in all vehicles for me. My eyes work fine. It's all the other people in front of me on the road that seem to have trouble so I want it installed in those vehicles. ;)

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Jeff

Jeff, are you serious? Did you say you live in a state that paints lines on the road? No way! lol