Keyless Access Pad on Passenger-side Door?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

After coming to rely on my truck for a few extra instances of storage on base, I realized that whenever I leave my keys in housing and make the walk all the way down w/ my stuff I'd rather not carry keys to lose thus I just use my keypad. I realized though how much of a pain in the ass it is whenever someone parks right beside me (no real control of base parking) real close so I have to use the passenger side to get in I wish that a keypad came on the passenger side too.

Is this possible? I know it is, but has anyone ever done it? I know it seems trivial and petty, but lets be honest I stow stuff in a rubbermaid tub or two and carry them to my truck every now and then and feel there's no need to bring keys all the time.

So secondary keypad anyone? Noah?

Thanks,

FNG

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an extra drivers handle so it would not be hard to modify the passenger side handle bezel to fit a keypad however, tying it into the electronics would be the interesting part. Not sure if you could just trace the wires back and splice them in to be able to lock/unlock the doors and illuminate the key pad.

Definitely will get my mind going as I wouldn't mind an extra keypad on the pass side as well.

I have plenty of keypads laying around of all different shapes/variations from the salvage yards over the years. I will look into it.

OP
OP
New Guy

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... anyone else want to chime in about the possibility of popping a driver's side door keypad onto the Passenger's side?

Again, right about now Noah's presence would actually be appreciated LOL.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want I could fly down there and use the truck properly for you while you work, you know only to help you out of course