Just Raced Mint 400 in my Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

metroman

Reaction score
You get that clicking all the time. It's awesome. It even sounds like the clicking noise the real Raptor dinos made in Jurassic Park. (hehe)

Metroman...your truck must be so much fun to drive. How do they work on the engine when the hood flips out like that? What kind of engine is in it? Will you be at TRR? Can I get a ride? :) No more questions.

No time to drive to TRR. Engine is stock except for UMP filter, 5 star 91 tune, and headers. Fiberglass hood flips forward. Gives u WAY better access to engine.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

In racing you can built the best of the best and it will break or crack at some point. To make it through that Mint course two laps I give H&M 2 thumbs up! That's a brutal course and your talking approx 200 miles of constant abuse.

My two prior races were in Barstow. MORE races. IMO the Mint course is way more fun and not nearly as rough as Barstow. Maybe it is good my first races were Barstow so I learned to appreciate courses like the Mint. I want to go back to the mint course off season and spend more time. Cool area back in those hills.

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
No time to drive to TRR. Engine is stock except for UMP filter, 5 star 91 tune, and headers. Fiberglass hood flips forward. Gives u WAY better access to engine.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

My two prior races were in Barstow. MORE races. IMO the Mint course is way more fun and not nearly as rough as Barstow. Maybe it is good my first races were Barstow so I learned to appreciate courses like the Mint. I want to go back to the mint course off season and spend more time. Cool area back in those hills.

How do they access the engine? From the sides? Or can they stand on the bumper? I heard it at the Mint- it sounded very different from the stocks with a header and a tune. I'm a newbie so I don't know what it is but it sounded so much more aggressive and powerful.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
That's awesome man. That clicking would drive me nuts. Either I'd be sound proofing those bypasses, calling icon, or calling Busa to install a kick ass stereo. Way to go though dude!

Intercom with headsets. Clicking goes away and cool factor goes up 10 fold.

Glo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the finish! Awesome video - thanks for sharing! Just got back from running the Nevada half of the Mint 400 track this morning, and boy that track is torn up now!

The whoops and ruts in Thumpers area were a bit too much for me with my stock suspension - kept bottoming out even at walking speeds...lol.

Race footage looks awesome! Briefly got to admire your truck at Raptor Alley downtown. Great looking truck!

Just curious - the 106mph top speed is the max for the 1800 class or speed limiter not yet removed from tune?

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's awesome, congrats on having the balls to take your raptor, build it up, and then actually go out and race it, and thank you for sharing it with the rest of us here