Just Raced Mint 400 in my Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

metroman

Reaction score
Lap times are up. Our first lap was 2 hrs flat which I have to say seems pretty awesome compared to times posted by a lot of much much more expensive and more powerful custom pre runners. Go to the below link and scroll down to the 1800 class. I am truck number 1841. The other Raptor built by H&M Racing was 1822. They are nearly identical 4-linked long travel Raptors with mostly stock engines and trans.

I can't wait for my 6100 truck next year...

But the Raptors by H&M are badass. We are tearing my truck down last two days. We found a few welds cracking so we have to make some minor design changes but from what I hear from guys who race a lot is that cracks are to be expected. H&M will build it better for me and make it "Sean Proof".

Official results come out Wednesday.

http://www.bitd.com/images/stories/pdfs/Mint400/2014Mint400LapTimes.pdf

Thanks for all the positive comments!

hackleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish i had a race truck.... Not only for all the suspension and everything my truck isnt, but mostly the siren!

JK, love your truck man. good job on a successful race!

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In racing you can built the best of the best and it will break or crack at some point. To make it through that Mint course two laps I give H&M 2 thumbs up! That's a brutal course and your talking approx 200 miles of constant abuse.

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to find ways to amuse yourself while working the pits at the Mint. See, your truck or buggy will pass, but you can watch a whole movie by the time it comes through again. Or you can do what this guy did. He was bouncing around in that Sumo balloon giving thumbs up to all the racers. Had us all busting up!

Somehow I just happen to get this shot with one of the "God Is Awesome" trucks from Texana Ranch (Home of the TRR).

View attachment 43869

My buddy used to put one of those Sumo outfits on and run around San Filipe wash when we camped in Ocotillo Wells. Always had us in stitches. That guy looks a lot like him, actually.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's awesome man. That clicking would drive me nuts. Either I'd be sound proofing those bypasses, calling icon, or calling Busa to install a kick ass stereo. Way to go though dude!

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
You get that clicking all the time. It's awesome. It even sounds like the clicking noise the real Raptor dinos made in Jurassic Park. (hehe)

Metroman...your truck must be so much fun to drive. How do they work on the engine when the hood flips out like that? What kind of engine is in it? Will you be at TRR? Can I get a ride? :) No more questions.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My buddy used to put one of those Sumo outfits on and run around San Filipe wash when we camped in Ocotillo Wells. Always had us in stitches. That guy looks a lot like him, actually.

It very well could be him. You should ask him.

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One word to describe it- BAD ASS! Ok that's actually two words but I think everyone will agree.

Some of the rattling sounds may be coming from the GoPros. I've had some very similar sounds from mine. I've even tried using some foam to isolate the rattle with no success.