Just an AUSSIE with the dream of a RAPTOR!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
hey guys,
i leave in Queensland, Brisbane AUSTRALIA !!! ever since the raptor came out i have been in love with it. i am looking at buying a new car and thought i should buy a raptor, with some research it will cost me around 50g (AUS) to get one here and on the road. To get it over here i have to;
1. Buy one
2. Ship it over here
3. Convert to RHD
If anyone has an idea on how to help me that it would be great. i am not sure if i could get the raptor made with RHD instead of changing it later on as it might be cheaper talking to ford and getting them to make a RHD Raptor for me! At the moment the plan is buy one off a ford factory in American and get it shipped from there and convert it ovor here but if its cheaper to convert it over there or get it made RHD i will do that. If anyone has any suggestions or idea's on how to go about this that would be great.
I am also interested in a bulbar, i dont know what u Americans call them but yeah, i want one with big spot lights one it none of this LED crap on it! If anyone has a pic of theres and were they got it and how much it set them back that would be great!
Cheers from AUST

Waya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ADD has the best looking bumpers and cattle guards as far as i am concerned. The ADD stealth that i am getting is around 1800 us not intalled. But if you are talking about a bull nose for rock crawling not sure how much those are on this truck.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome BlackSmith.

Wish I could be of more help, but honestly I don't know much about what the RHD conversion entails. Does that stand for Right Hand Drive??? (moving the steering wheel, brake, throttle, etc to the right side??)....that would be pretty crazy, but I'm sure there's a way to get this done.

Banned
Reaction score
It can be done, very expensive I'd imagine. Is it illegal to drive LHD vehicles there?

-Posted with my iPhone.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
It can be done, very expensive I'd imagine. Is it illegal to drive LHD vehicles there?

-Posted with my iPhone.

No but the vehicle has to be considered a classic (older than 30 years IIRC) to register and drive it in the LHD configuration. Here's a Mustang that I shipped over. My friend converted it to RHD and competes with it in targa events.

8de4dedf.jpg

Last edited:

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a few Shelby GT500's down under that have been converted to RHD. It is possible to do and probably easier to do there than here.