Jokerz Performance HDC Battery Cable Upgrade Kit/Grounding Kit Installed! (Pics!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

It seems like a worthy upgrade. I would agree that Ford put in the bare minimum gauge wire and length (the 4 aux wires under the dash proves that). Even though the wire is rated for the amps and fuse, it is always better to go a step above on the minimum but for Ford, when adding up all the F-150's sold, it starts to add up quick.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually it's a 13.8V system so get your facts straight before you go off on people.

Sure it looks better, but one of the selling points is improvement in voltage drop, in which you are not gaining much. Voltage sensitivity on vehicle electrical systems is a huge issue and almost every system has to be designed with that in mind, you're not really doing much to help.

Ok so you are comparing a electrical systems from 15 years ago to current systems? You don't think these systems have improved at all over the last 15 years? Almost all of the components in the systems have improved in that time frame, those improvements include reduced power consumption, go look at some 15 year old MCU's and compare their specs to current gen MCU's used in systems today. Next up more lights, sweet 15 year old trucks have mostly incandescent bulbs in them these are hugely inefficient, now look at all your dash lights etc in a current gen truck, they are mostly LED's, and as we all know LED's draw much less power than incandescents. To say that the electrical systems have gotten more complicated is true, but to say there is a net increase in required power to drive them without providing any facts is just plain deceitful. Go put an ammeter on a current and 15 year old truck with all its electrical systems on and tell me the difference, i'd love to see some real numbers here.

My truck is totally stock, not a single mod in sight, especially not an electrical system.

Stop scaremongering people into wasting their hard earned cash on a frivolous mod and talk about it the way it is, its only real win is to make the engine bay look a little prettier.

OP
OP
Reptar

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually it's a 13.8V system so get your facts straight before you go off on people.

Lmao, sorry, it's still a 12v system as that's the industry standard, just because you read 13.8 on the battery with the engine running and the alternator outputting doesn't mean it's a 13.8 system, it's still a 12v system. Old cars used to be 6v, then they went 12v, a lot of race cars run 16v or even 24. You'll read above 12v on a good battery, sometimes below on a weak one, and when the engine is running an alternator outputting, it'll output 13-14+ depending on RPM and load.

Walk into anywhere automotive related and tell them you don't want to buy a 12v battery, or a 12v LED bar, but a 13.8v battery or 13.8v LED bar, they'll look at you like the doofus you're making yourself out to be lol. It's a 12v system.

Sure it looks better, but one of the selling points is improvement in voltage drop, in which you are not gaining much. Voltage sensitivity on vehicle electrical systems is a huge issue and almost every system has to be designed with that in mind, you're not really doing much to help.

Didn't say it will make your 12v system magically 16v...or excuse me in your case your 13.8v system a 18.2v system lol. But it does help reduce voltage drop and it can be easily measured. You are correct voltage sensitivity on electrical system is a huge issue, and systems are designed for a minimum of 12v, but many things run better at higher voltages (which is why a lot of guys who drag race run 16v systems, injectors for one LOVE that higher voltage), so a kit like this to reduce voltage drop, even if it's only a small amount, is a helpful mod. Not earth shattering, but it's certainly not hurting, it's only an improvement. Especially when guys start loading up aftermarket accessories putting more draw on the stock wiring. One guy already posted he has so many things hooked up he barely has room to hook more, that's certainly loading the factory wiring pretty well, and larger gauge cables are only a benefit to reduce that "bottleneck" of trying to power everything through stock wires.

so you are comparing a electrical systems from 15 years ago to current systems? You don't think these systems have improved at all over the last 15 years? Almost all of the components in the systems have improved in that time frame, those improvements include reduced power consumption, go look at some 15 year old MCU's and compare their specs to current gen MCU's used in systems today. Next up more lights, sweet 15 year old trucks have mostly incandescent bulbs in them these are hugely inefficient, now look at all your dash lights etc in a current gen truck, they are mostly LED's, and as we all know LED's draw much less power than incandescents. To say that the electrical systems have gotten more complicated is true, but to say there is a net increase in required power to drive them without providing any facts is just plain deceitful. Go put an ammeter on a current and 15 year old truck with all its electrical systems on and tell me the difference, i'd love to see some real numbers here.

Yes I am comparing electrical systems of 15 years ago, because it's the SAME EXACT 4AWG cabling for the battery, alternator, and fuse box as 15 years ago! And last I checked, power consumption for major electrical hogs like power windows, electric fans, amps, HVAC, etc. are still electrical hogs.

Yes a few things improved like LEDs drawing less than incandescent gauge backlighting, but trust me, your incandescent gauge backlighting was NOT the big power draw item lol. Also incase you hadn't noticed, in your Raptor your turn signals, parking lights, taillights, dome lights, are all incandescent still (oh you changed turn signals to LEDs? bet you also installed a load resistor....so it loads the system like factory bulbs and doesn't hyperflash....so you didn't save squat power wise with those LEDs lol) And there's additional sensors, control modules, displays, etc. all running now which consume more power. My 15 year old truck has 3 displays, all about 1/4" to 1/2" tall. A green odometer read out, a green clock/radio read out, and a green temp readout. Wow such a power draw ***** lol. The Raptor has the 4.2" productivity screen and 7" nav screen....little more power draw than my little old odometer, clock, and temp screen of my 2000 lol. Those things are still in the weeds though, they haven't done any high tech low power alternatives to the usual big power draw items like pumps, fans, motors, heaters. Heck they've added even more electrical hogs, such as factory e-fans vs clutch fans, heated seats, and electric power steering (not in the rap, but in this gen truck with the same 4awg wiring)....Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize newer trucks with a LOT more electrical accessories are drawing significantly more power than 15 year old trucks....with the same 4awg power wiring.

My truck is totally stock, not a single mod in sight, especially not an electrical system.

Well you'd be a hypocrite otherwise if you had mods, because I'm sure you have at least one mod on the truck that isn't an improvement over ford bone stock boring factory but you still did it because you felt it was a good mod anyway, and i'm sure you have at least one mod that changed a part that isn't an item that fails frequently stock but you still changed it because you felt it was a good mod.

Stop scaremongering people into wasting their hard earned cash on a frivolous mod and talk about it the way it is, its only real win is to make the engine bay look a little prettier.

Scaremogering? lmao. Did I post up and say "you all must get this mod NOW or your truck WILL fail and you WILL have problems! Beware!". Nope, simply shared a new mod to my truck, that I haven't seen posted before, that I felt was an improvement and a good mod, and Jokerz is doing a GB on them right now. Simply sharing info. Is there a problem with that? Can I stop feeding the troll now? :baby:

I like stickers!

Worth at least 5 hp, but Ford didn't put any stickers on the back window from the factory, so I didn't want to install the sticker because I haven't seen any people post that they had problems with their windows because of not running stickers.....and the sticker is only 2"x3" which is only 0.3% of the area of the glass on the truck, and I don't feel that that 0.3% of cool stickerness justifies running it. :ROFLJest:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow. Just wow. I've been accused in the past of stating my mind and being a representative of a vendor on this forum. I guess I feel a little better about the shit I was dishing out compared to your responses, because I really wasn't all that serious when I was doing it. But, I learned my lesson and now try to keep my personal opinions to a bare minimum (unless it's giving the '17 fan boys shit, because that is just too easy).
@t_j is a respected member of this forum and I find it offensive that he is being attacked in this manner. Sure, he stated that he felt that the mod may be more money than he could justify, but as a vendor rep, maybe the best approach is to say - ok, you have your opinion - and move on. This bantering back forth and personal attacks aren't getting the positive press that you originally intended. I was actually kind of interested when I first saw this mod. I'm not so much now.

Another forum vendor pointed out my short-comings when I was being a butthead about another subject, and although it pissed me off at first, I understood that he was just trying to help.

So, I'm paying that favor forward to you. Represent your product and understand that others aren't always to agree with what you think. It's not your job to point out that they are wrong. Suck it up and pay attention to the people who are interested and let the other non-believers go.

Good luck with your new venture......