Jacking up a Raptor dos/donts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got some 2x12s to drive up on I didn't think of that. I would definitely feel comfortable without jacking it up but I'll give it a shot without for this time next time around I'll look into ramps

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Read the reviews, lots of crushed ones. Just putting it out there

Yeah I saw those myself... I bought them in early 2013 so some of the later 2013 complaints I didn't see.

After reading some of them it appears more user error. One guy had one wheel on a ramp the other on the ground and stated the rear of the truck was over 9000lbs.

As always use caution when under your truck!

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Blitz brand poly ramps. They are great and I don't see how it's possible for the weight of a regular passenger car or truck to crush them.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have ramps and use them with my truck, they are rated for 16000lbs I see no problem with them and doubt they would crush without some serious misuse.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use plastic ramps, perfectly fine, they have a weight rating on them that is way more than out truck.

I drive up in 4Low , makes it real easy to control , also, after you pull up, put the truck in N and let it self center on the ramps, then go to park and set the parking brake. Make sure you let thetruck sit for a few hours after driving it up so all that oil in the top end can drain backdown to the pan before you change it.

Don't forget to check roof clearances if your in a garage also.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got some 2x12s to drive up on I didn't think of that. I would definitely feel comfortable without jacking it up but I'll give it a shot without for this time next time around I'll look into ramps

I bought a 10' 2x12 and cut it half. Then I use some some wood blocks for elevation.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

I use plastic ramps, perfectly fine, they have a weight rating on them that is way more than out truck.

I drive up in 4Low , makes it real easy to control , also, after you pull up, put the truck in N and let it self center on the ramps, then go to park and set the parking brake. Make sure you let thetruck sit for a few hours after driving it up so all that oil in the top end can drain backdown to the pan before you change it.

Don't forget to check roof clearances if your in a garage also.

:ROFLJest: Lol....Not sure if serious or not...

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in theory talking to a guy that had never driven up ramps before.

It's easier to control throttle movement in 4 low, ever get to the edge of your ramps in your small garage and have to throttle up to get up the hill?

When your workbench is right there in front, 4 low makes it much more controlled. Also as for the rest of the post , I was just relaying what I do. Not trying to talk down to someone .