Jacking up a Raptor dos/donts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get metal ramps from any brand name auto parts, home improvement (sometimes), harbor freight. Do you have a full new set? Then yes Rotating Tires? How are you going to support two wheels at a time? Spare?

Well you could jack up the left front throw a floor jack underneath move to the next wheel right front jack it up and put a floor jack underneath and so on to the other wheels. The way I have done it with cars and SUVs is to jack up the front but your two floor jacks and then jack up the back and put your two floor jack under the back.

ThomasL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. Either leave it on the ground or ramps. I use plastic Rhino Ramps to do the oil on my wife's Yukon. Super easy.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Ramps are a good idea but my question is how do I trust some plastic ramps to hold the weight of a what 5000 lbs truck. Do you guys know of a good place to buy good quality ramps no way am I getting something plastic from Walmart.

I could get underneath without jacking it up but I would like to drain as much bad oil as possible.

Is it a good rule of thumb to use a floor jack only on the wheel you are changing for instance if you were swapping wheels and tires

RhinoGear 11912 RhinoRamps MAX Vehicle Ramps (Pair, 16,000lb. GVW Capacity)

$55 @ Amazon.

I have these but I have only put my Audi's up on them so far. I have not had a chance to put my Raptor on yet. However I would not worry about doing so...

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just park with your front tires on a slight hill. theres tons of room under there man. if youre worried about being safe, thats the safest way to do it. jacking or ramps are just a waste of time

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ramps are a good idea but my question is how do I trust some plastic ramps to hold the weight of a what 5000 lbs truck. Do you guys know of a good place to buy good quality ramps no way am I getting something plastic from Walmart.

I could get underneath without jacking it up but I would like to drain as much bad oil as possible.

Is it a good rule of thumb to use a floor jack only on the wheel you are changing for instance if you were swapping wheels and tires

I have some of those ramps. I pulled my Kenworth up on them. Btw, my front axle weight is around 14,000lbs. I think ur raptor will be just fine.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought my Ramps from Autozone. Never worried one bit about them. We use them on our F350 with a diesel. Makes it super easy. Jack the trucks up to change tires using jack stands all the time. It's not a big deal. These are trucks, not Corvettes. You're not going to break it! No jack stands? Use some wood blocks. You own a truck you can jump. You can jack it up.