Insurance for your upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've went with AAA. Appears to be the best price and coverage. They've even got my receipts on file. Stated value of 100k which was a bit more than I even asked for. Off-road is fine as long as it's not "racing". That was a specific question which was presented to me before I had the opportunity to ask it.

Lol but it should be noted they do not cover

"damage caused by or as consequence of:
(1) discharge of a nuclear weapon (even if accidental);
(2) war (declared or undeclared);
(3) civil war
(4) insurrection; or
(5) rebellion or revolution"

Believe it or not that's a directly off my paperwork. Wonder if they know something I dont?:think:

Last edited:

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have $9k in customization on my Cobra with Farmers. They will do up to $10k without documentation. Runs about $7/month

With documentation they will do up to $50k in customization.

They automatically cover $1k over OEM value on the in dash stereo too.

Those of you with GEICO, be careful on cages/fuel cells/aftermarket tanks. I have seen them decline claims because of those items. They declare them race parts and wont even cover the vehicle anymore

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well as necessary for the healing process I need to vent a little lol. Fair warning NO ONE get AAA insurance if u live on the east coast, specifically Virginia. Knew I hated that state for a reason. Sorry if that hurts any Virginians feelings. Positive shout out to my west coast homie who gave me the recommendation. Just wish I could've used ur agent. No disrespect to my agent though, she was top notch, much love. However the A hole(s) behind the vail at the joint in this neck of the woods are/is a self admitting douchbag. I got him to verbally say it more or less. Only if you had the recorder going when you need it. Would've made great YouTube material. Hope this costs them a customer or two. Anyway it boils down to... After 6 months of a specialized policy, pictures, and receipts a higher up dbag decided my truck is too fancy. Therefore thanks Progressive I appreciate your understanding and am happy to be a new customer.