Insurance for your upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Update to this.

So Allstate could not add our aftermarket parts, no customization policies(at least in Nebraska).

We got a quote through Progressive for stated value and it was an extra $600 per year just for the truck :eek:

$600 extra for 10k of stuff
:yaoface2:

next try was Geico.... They were able to add all the aftermarket stuff and ended up a tick cheaper than what we were currently paying:favorites37:

Ended up moving the entire fleet to them and the Omaha house (all the same coverages) for a savings of more than $1000 a year. :fuckyea:

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I have Geico and had no problem adding aftermarket stuff with them on the YOYO or the ISF. Also, they were a crap load cheaper than anyone else by over 500 bucks just on the ISF.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theft of truck or theft of upgraded parts is a concern of mine. If my suspension upgrades are damaged in accident i worry more about my personal well being.

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As of right now I have all my upgrades covered under Geico. I had an additional form to fill out an had to provide estimates of all the mods. They wanted to ensure it wasn't lifted and that I didn't use the winch for commercial use.

I also had to submit photos of all sides of the truck. I also specifically stated that I drive the truck on private property, forst service roads and beaches. No races. They said it would all be covered.

We'll see. Hope I never really need it.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ended up moving the entire fleet to them and the Omaha house :fuckyea:

I read this as "Ended up moving the entire fleet to them and the Obama house". I was thinking, how many cars do they have and all while living on the Governments dime? Guess I need more java!:Caffeine:

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

I have Commerce insurance, not sure whats covered, and have been thinking of switching to USAA. Now Geico, I will look into coverage from all 3. Great thread Joe, a lot to think about.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since this thread has activity again I thought I would share my experience with insurance and after market items.

I had AAA insurance on all my vehicles. The after market items were supposedly covered. When I had a claim on the Raptor they decided after market items were only covered for $1000. Long story but they said they couldn't find the paperwork on any after market items and even if they had it they wouldn't cover more than $1,000. Not what they said before but anyway I got it resolved after a long fight.

My agent verified that Progressive would cover the after market parts without issue so the Raptor moved to them. All that is required with them is a stated value for replacement and they recommended photo documentation of the items. Receipts not required just a total of the stated value. Cost was not significantly different than my previous coverage either. Even got multiple policy discount since my atvs are insured with them already.

What I learned is to make sure to have everything completely spelled out and well documented.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20