Insurance for your upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It had been mentioned a few times that some insurances cover full replacement of aftermarket parts, and some don't. YMMV

I called Allstate and found out that my aftermarket goodies on the truck are only covered up to $1,000.

Ok, that's fair for a standard policy. I tell the agent that I want to add a rider to add $10K of aftermarket parts, and he said they can not do it.

My BIG concern is hitting a deer, that is where most of my goodies are. Obviously, I'm not covered well. The Raptor Retrofits would eat up the coverage, then I'm screwed.

Who knows for a fact that their insurance covers their aftermarket parts, and what company do you have?

Thanks,
Yukon Joe

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Title should be "upgrades" not upgraded...
Can someone fix?

Yukon Joe

rwjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Raptor isn't built yet, but Progressive covers up to $3000 in accessories for my bikes. I'll find out about Raptor upgrades when I get mine.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carry the car at Stated Value. That's what I so with the Vette

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
humm.. when I had my bimmer with allstate they told me I could insure up to $5000..If I pay more...

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
humm.. when I had my bimmer with allstate they told me I could insure up to $5000..If I pay more...

They said they used to allow added extras, but not anymore.

I figured that they would charge more, I'm ok with that, but they won't do it at all!!

Yukon Joe

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
USAA said that as long as I have the receipt and its bolted down onto the truck I'm covered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got the same response from state farm when I inquired (have a heavily moddified camaro which will traded in on the raptor). Full coverage policy with the highest limits if that helps.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
USAA said that as long as I have the receipt and its bolted down onto the truck I'm covered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They say that now, if I ever wreck my Evo there's more money in performance stuff than what the car's actually worth and I have all the receipts.