Increase volume on steering wheel changes station

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 13 does it often enough I hardly ever use controls on steering wheel. It is almost like roulette. Push a button and see what you get.

OP
OP
justuspost

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man this is a lot more wide spread than I had thought. Weird. I'll ask the dealer about it when I take it in for service.

OP
OP
justuspost

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you use your steering wheel controls, you'd find this little easter egg right away. I'll bet there is a manufacturing issue with some of them. I really thought I was just ******** up and accidentally hitting the other button at first. Glad to hear it's not just me.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Increase volume on steering wheel changes station...

Yeah, have the exact same problem. Haven't figured it out yet though

...Every now and then I'll hit the next track/station button on the wheel and it will instead go to the previous track...

Yes mine does it often...

My issue is when I hit the next station button and absolutely nothing happens...

My 13 does it often enough I hardly ever use controls on steering wheel...

Hi gang,

I'd get this on the radar of your respective dealerships; if you don't want to make a special trip, just mention it the next time you're in for a maintenance visit. Come back and share your results - I'll be here if you need help after getting a diagnosis.

Crystal

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine couldn't find anything wrong back when I had them look at it. Honestly I don't even bother using the steering wheel controls anymore. I learned to ignore them and not fight it since it wasn't worth it.