Increase volume on steering wheel changes station

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Increase volume on steering wheel changes station

Yeah yeah, I know what you're gonna say... "You're just hitting the station button by accident". Not the case. I've been very careful to avoid hitting the station button, and yes sometimes that's the culprit. But often times, and randomly, pushing volume + changes the station + instead.

Anyone else seen this issue? It's driving me nuts. It's not repeatable and of course the only time you hit ++++ is when a good song comes on. Then you realize the station changed and it's a bummer!

Thoughts?

OP
OP
justuspost

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good! It's not just me. At first I was sure it was just me hitting the button wrong. I've been watching and trying to make absolutely certain it's not just me. Lol

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This could have something to do with the clock spring, have the dealer check into it.

I had this issue a few years back, as well as others, but it eventually went away for me.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somewhat related... Every now and then I'll hit the next track/station button on the wheel and it will instead go to the previous track. Multiple presses and it keeps going backward. When this happens the previous track button works as normal and the volume plus button works as the next button. Pressing the volume minus button resets the issue and everything works as normal again (till the next time it goes wonky.)

I, also, have only noticed this when using my USB port.

I've got a 2013 with MFT. (Not sure if it's a model year or display issue)

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My issue is when I hit the next station button and absolutely nothing happens. At first I thought I wasn't pressing it hard enough but it's happened when I've pressed it completely down. Nothing too bad so I haven't messed with it yet.