I'm starting to hate my raptor : never thought this day would come.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had mine since new, ordered it and babied it for the first 2 weeks, then beat the snot out of it at all the dunes from here to Arizona, went on a raptor run, had lots of stuff replaced under warranty:h tie rods, steering ram, driveshaft, rear end seal, power steering, probably more. I'm one of the lucky guys, I even showed Ford videos of me jumping at the dunes and never had issues with any part under warranty. After 70,000 miles, I just spent about 4k on tires and brakes(could of done cheaper ones) and the truck still drives like I just took it off the lot, except for chips in the paint. Mine is fully loaded and I've never had issues with anything that wasn't a result of my driving like I stole it!!

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 fully loaded, owned since new. Seriously offroaded 2-3 times a year. (look at my sig pic)

Things broken/weakened as a result of my driving habits or offroad excursions?
Popped a bead, broke the vacuum line. Upper control arm and ball joint need to be replaced due to a torn boot. Drivers side door rattles a bit in the rough stuff. Alignment is a little out.

Heated seats still work. Rear defroster hasn't exploded. Sunroof still functions properly. And as @CoronaRaptor also stated, I've showed Ford pics and vids of me airing it out, and they love it!

Things that have broken for no apparent reason?
Water intrusion into tail light, now replaced. Steering wheel volume control sometimes changes station... hasn't happened in awhile though.

Basically the truck is awesome! All that being said though, I'm sure something is going to break now.

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine since Oct '12 and the biggest issues I had since owning it was one of the lifters was damaged from factory and caused my truck to stall and then died a year later of owning it (factory fixed).
The second most recent issues was my Sunroof, there are 2 bracket tabs at the end of the sunroof that ripped off for no apparent reason, It was a $2K fix since at this point my warranty was expired. After bickering back and forth, I was able to get it fixed for free, with a complimentary wash.

At this point, I'm going to look into Ford ESP.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or just unplug thr leads at the rear glass. One on each side.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
We've had Night Raptor since February of 2012, it has 80,000 miles, heavily modded and we off-road it alot. But posts like this again make me glad we have the extended warranty! :wizhuh: We're golden 125k...lol And our service tech subscribes to my youtube channel.

We've had plenty replaced under warranty, steering racks, pumps, boots, IWE's out the ***** ect ect ect.... but no issues with anything you mentioned. Sun roof and heated/cooled seats still work great. Only things on a similar level was a heater blend door and a leaky third brake light replaced. One key fob is getting a little temperamental, but if we can get the darn thing to do it at the dealership they will replace it.

As far as your truck, if you don't like it anymore/are so frustrated, sell it and move on. First, you really can't guarantee how/what the first owner did or didn't do in those first 70k miles. Second, 70k on a newer vehicle is not 70k on our parents vehicles or even the vehicles of 15 years ago... My 94 caviler was a tiny tank compared to these thin ass vehicles today add in manual cloth seats and crank windows and she was gold until a ripe old age. Really stuff today is not meant to last 200k like it was back in the day, add in all the convenience/luxury items (mostly what you are having issues with) and you really can't expect not to have these kind of small repairs. And I don't want to hear any "such and such vehicle lasted me X miles" A bunch of us just gave you examples of not having the same problems with our high milage raptors. You can't really generalize any vehicle based on one experience. I'm really not trying to be rude, but again, don't like the Raptor, sell it and get something else, unless you paid a premium you can probably get out pretty close to what you got in for. :wave: