Ignorance of friends around my Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Desert Storm

Reaction score
To go ahead and get this out of the way... Yes I am a high schooler with a raptor. I understand and appreciate how fortunate I am every time that I hop in the truck. My dad is a ford dealer and that is why I have the truck. I work every day in the summer in various departments, trying to learn the business and during the school year I take a rigorous schedule with great success. For these reasons, my dad rewards me with an amazing vehicle.

With that said.

I had a matte green 3m wrap on my hood and roof installed 2 months ago and now I have to get the hood removed. After school, a guy I know put a piece of camo duct tape on the green part of my hood. As I tried to carefully peel it off, the green wrap came with it. I know have a hole in the wrap on the hood and will either pay to get it replaced or remove it, not sure yet. I guess this is partially a form of venting about how pissed I am, but also a warning for those of y'all with wrapped parts that it will not hold up to even a small piece of duct tape.

Thanks for reading guys.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is he still your friend? Duct tape is pretty strong, should use painters tape or equivalent only.

D

Deleted member 12951

This guy who did it, were you aware he was going to do that or did he do it to **** you off?
If so, the guy owes you another hood wrap. I would talk to his parents. I know if one of my kids when they were in high school did something like that to someone else's vehicle, he would be working his ass off or drain his banking account to take responsibility to his stupid actions. Or I would hold him for you so you could kick his ass.

OP
OP
Desert Storm

Desert Storm

Reaction score
This guy who did it, were you aware he was going to do that or did he do it to **** you off?
If so, the guy owes you another hood wrap. I would talk to his parents. I know if one of my kids when they were in high school did something like that to someone else's vehicle, he would be working his ass off or drain his banking account to take responsibility to his stupid actions. Or I would hold him for you so you could kick his ass.

I was sitting in the truck about to go home and he just slapped it on to be annoying. He had absolutely zero reason to do it.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

I'm trying to be reasonable guy here in regard to how I'm gonna get it fixed. I know it seems justifiable to guys who understand what the wrap is, but to a guy who doesn't know much it probably seemed to be a completely harmless antic.

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am much older and a little bit wiser. It is good that you are being a responsible teenager and trying to do the right thing by posting this here so that those of us with wraps on our trucks don't end up with a damaged truck due to similar circumstances... thank you. But as most of us are older and wiser, we've learned that the only truly responsible way to handle this, is to beat the unmerciful shit out of him and take his lunch money for a year until your new wrap is completely paid for. You are doing him a service, as he will learn an important lesson that will be harder to learn later as an adult. The advise above, about talking to his parents... disregard that. It was an irresponsible comment by someone trying to help.

D

Deleted member 12951

I was sitting in the truck about to go home and he just slapped it on to be annoying. He had absolutely zero reason to do it.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

I'm trying to be reasonable guy here in regard to how I'm gonna get it fixed. I know it seems justifiable to guys who understand what the wrap is, but to a guy who doesn't know much it probably seemed to be a completely harmless antic.

Regardless how or why it happened is irrelevant, he should own up to a mistake and pay for it, you have to. And if you don't want to tell his parents because that is irresponsible so I am told, does he have a girlfriend? Then **** his girlfriend and tell him you also stuck something where it don't belong, bitch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol
Not the tape

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

What did the kid say when you told him how much he owes you?