Identify This Part - Underside of Bed Box - Vibration Damper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure it's not the only one. Long term I guess it could potentially cause problems not being in there, but probably not any more than a broken one would. Who knows. Someone smarter than me probably does.

Cummins_Bred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
potentially to prevent resonance at highway speeds? Maybe having softer suspension allows certain vibrations to occur and that is to help stop them. I'd be a very slight bit nervous removing it, not knowing exactly what it's there for

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
potentially to prevent resonance at highway speeds? Maybe having softer suspension allows certain vibrations to occur and that is to help stop them. I'd be a very slight bit nervous removing it, not knowing exactly what it's there for

Whatever it does, it could not have been doing it well with the cracked bushings. I'm happy it no longer rattles and I will have to wait and see if there is any negative long term side effects.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I've had mine off for over a year now and it hasn't changed anything lol if it hasn'tade any affect not having it so far I think ill be good for another year or so

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This may solve my rattle in bumps that I feel in the seat. Will check this weekend. I may love you for finding this if it resolves my problem

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the cast iron thing mounted on top of the driver side frame?

I was wiring up a pon'n'lock on my 2013 SCAB and I saw this cast iron part mounted on rubber bushings on top of the drivers side frame rail at the rear near the bumper. Seems like it would be a damper of some sort. It's mounted on two very soft rubber mounts that let it move in every direction. About 4" wide, 1" thick, and 12" long.