I want another Raptor she wants a Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got a 14 Sahara. It has a vertical seat adjustment. Goes up pretty high. My wife likes it and she's 5ft 4. No visibility problems. Don't know if all models have the vertical adjustment. Also has leather and heated seats. Light years better than my.
09 jk. repade9y.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDqejepagy.jpg

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this same thing with my wife. She wanted a new vehicle but had no idea what she wanted. We spent hours on the computer looking at everything at around the same price range you are in. My only stipulation was nothing directly own by General Motors, I hate that company with passion.

We ended up writing down 22 vehicles and started visiting dealerships. My goal was to cross as many off the list as possible. We did have some she definitely did not want and some stayed on the list as maybes. When she saw the Nissan Murano, she really liked it and kept telling me so in comparison. I was done going to dealerships, actually going to just one is enough for me.

So I bought the Murano without her knowing and asked her to come to the dealership after work to just test drive it. Whole dealership knew it was a surprise when she showed up. She drove it home and thanks me to this day of what I did.

So maybe just surprise her....

That would be the best way to just get it over with! It's funny you mention the Murano because I pointed out a Mazda C7 and she said she liked the SUV next to it which happened to be a Murano. I'm really disappointed the Jeep Wrangler is no longer an option. I found a nice 2dr Sport with a lot of great options but she really had to struggle to look over the dash. And I have always liked the way the Edge Sport looks but she wants nothing to do with it. And of course the sales guy that sold me my Raptor is offering me a ridiculous deal on the Edge.

abrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife is 5'4", she drives my old 2010 king ranch and absolutely loves it. Her and I have haggled back and forth about upgrading her into a used raptor cuz she loves driving mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glamisbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about a subaru impreza? Go hatchback for space and thats deff a car youd enjoy as well

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about a subaru impreza? Go hatchback for space and thats deff a car youd enjoy as well

Yes. I have looked at the Subaru. I like the XV Crosstrek but from what I have read the 4 cylinder is a little anemic.

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make a list be rationaal about it
Must haves
Nice to haves
Not to haves

Based on features
Like seating, bootsize, engine power
Etc etc

Make the list in excel
And then start adding a car/truck and tag the features it has or hasn't

Then you end up with a short list
Test drive those and then go the emotional route

JayLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I have looked at the Subaru. I like the XV Crosstrek but from what I have read the 4 cylinder is a little anemic.

I considered the Subaru Forester 2.0XT for my girl. Drive one, it's surprisingly nimble and quick, the transmission is great. For the money it's tough to beat. And it's a turbo Subaru so you can tune the **** out of it if you want.

Which Jeep did she drive? The Grand Cherokee isn't a bad option, I guess. I dunno I'm not an SUV guy really.

What about an AWD BMW 3 Series? Every girl loves a BMW….