I want another Raptor she wants a Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like them but she doesn't. They aren't "plush" enough. Silly because the Jeep isn't much different.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you want to be married or you want to be happy?

I know it is not thought to be a common occurrence, but you can do both. :)

I don't think my wife would be happy driving the Raptor every day. She loves it, don't get me wrong, and drives it well but she really loves the sports car for her daily commute. If we lived in a different place (that may happen soon) a Jeep might just be a great option for her. That being said, we have agreed that we will always have at least on capable 4x4 and one sports car so we will likely add another car/truck/jeep to the stable.

Kenneth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Evoque is a pos. I looked into getting one before I settled on the Raptor. (Also looked at the G55 and D90). The Evoque has serious engine issues. It swallows water in rain, has bad electrical gremlins and it will just stop working for no reason. A lot of people on the message boards had these issues. Imagine driving down an off-ramp at 65 mph and your engine shuts off, leaving you with no power steering or brakes. It happens. And when I saw the forum admin saying he was selling his due to these issues, it quickly got scratched off of my list.

My advice is that you get her what she wants. 1) If it doesn't work out, you'll know you tried your hardest. 2) If it does work out she'll happier and love you more for the sacrifices you've made. It's what I would do.

That said, if I had to compromise, I would probably go look at a Acura MDX. It's perfect for the situation, it's one of the slowest depreciating vehicles, and the Honda reliability is unmatched.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Evoque is a pos. I looked into getting one before I settled on the Raptor. (Also looked at the G55 and D90). The Evoque has serious engine issues. It swallows water in rain, has bad electrical gremlins and it will just stop working for no reason. A lot of people on the message boards had these issues. Imagine driving down an off-ramp at 65 mph and your engine shuts off, leaving you with no power steering or brakes. It happens. And when I saw the forum admin saying he was selling his due to these issues, it quickly got scratched off of my list.

My advice is that you get her what she wants. 1) If it doesn't work out, you'll know you tried your hardest. 2) If it does work out she'll happier and love you more for the sacrifices you've made. It's what I would do.

That said, if I had to compromise, I would probably go look at a Acura MDX. It's perfect for the situation, it's one of the slowest depreciating vehicles, and the Honda reliability is unmatched.

Where do you live, I assume overseas? The D90 is a defender correct?

Kenneth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check my profile. Yup. Defender 90. They sold them here in the mid 90's

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if you where talking about the newer ones. I was just surprised you were comparing one to a raptor

D

Deleted member 12951

Had this same thing with my wife. She wanted a new vehicle but had no idea what she wanted. We spent hours on the computer looking at everything at around the same price range you are in. My only stipulation was nothing directly own by General Motors, I hate that company with passion.

We ended up writing down 22 vehicles and started visiting dealerships. My goal was to cross as many off the list as possible. We did have some she definitely did not want and some stayed on the list as maybes. When she saw the Nissan Murano, she really liked it and kept telling me so in comparison. I was done going to dealerships, actually going to just one is enough for me.

So I bought the Murano without her knowing and asked her to come to the dealership after work to just test drive it. Whole dealership knew it was a surprise when she showed up. She drove it home and thanks me to this day of what I did.

So maybe just surprise her....

Last edited by a moderator:

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Kind of sounds like a Microsoft product...