I want another Raptor she wants a Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am in the process of replacing my girlfriends Toyota Highlander. What she really wants is a Porsche Macan or Lexus RX but I will not drop that kind of money on her. Technically this will be my vehicle but she will drive it. She knows that if we don't work out in the future the vehicle stays with me and she rolls out in her old Toyota. I'm sure we will stay together but it's just a what if. I have a budget of 40k for another vehicle but that is if we get what SHE wants. I would disregard that budget if she would agree to drive a Raptor. The problem is that she is 5'ft tall and would have a little trouble driving it. Since I have said no to Macans and RX's we both think a Jeep Wrangler could work. I don't care for the 4dr unlimited model and want something pretty much loaded. There are a lot of new Jeeps on the lots that have dealer installed lifts and wheel/tire packages. They look pretty cool and can be had for under 40k for the most part. I know NOTHING about Jeeps. I was always a Toyota Tacoma owner before the Raptor and made it a point to avoid everything Jeep but it looks like it's the best option right now. Can you guys give me advice or maybe suggest alternate vehicles? I want to make her happy but at the same time it's my money and want something that I can live with.

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife is also 5 feet tall and does not really enjoying driving the Raptor. I told her a couple of years ago I would buy her whatever she wants and she wanted a Jeep Unlimited. She loves it to this day.
Stay away from the dealer installed lifts and tire kits. Over priced for what you get. Also drive the two door and the four door. I owned a two door years ago and would never go back. Just my opinion. Here is a picture of hers down in San Felipe. 4 inch pro comp lift with 35 inch tires.
ty6esa2u.jpg

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
My mom has a land rover lr2 and loves it. I have driven it, and a range rover evoque. The technology they squeeze into the evoque is amazing. The terrain response reacts incredibly to icy conditions. Even the terrain response in my Moms lr2 works incredibly well.

Our driveway is at an extreme angle and the lr2 gets up it no problem.

Take a look at them, you won't be disappointed

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

specsniper

Reaction score
Agree with the above comment about staying away from the factory installed lifts. You can get much better and for leass money after market. Bought my wife a Rubicon in '03 and she still loves it to this day. I installed lift myself and learned a lot from doing it. I switch between the Raptor and the Rubincon throughout the week and enjoy both.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife is 5'1 and loves driving the raptor. No issues at all, tilt and telescopic wheel, advustable seats and pedals really open the truck up to everybody.

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we just spent 4 hours looking at vehicles. The Jeep is out. The dashboard is too high and she really can't see over it. The seats don't move up very high either. It sucks because I found one i really liked! We went to the Toyota dealership to look at the new Highlanders to replace the old one and she hit on the FRS. Yes, a tiny little Scion that is nowhere close to what we discussed. She liked it but she doesn't realize how limited it will be on space. She needs the storage space of an SUV. I will not buy a Scion. So we are now back to square one. On the way home I stopped by the Ford dealership and pointed out the Edge Sport and the Escape Titanium. I like them both and she likes neither. This is gonna be frustrating...
BTW...thanks to all who gave me advice!