I need a new Ford Raptor windshield - OEM or Aftermarket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, basically. I can't remember if this is exactly it, but its similar at least.

IMG_9342_sm.jpg

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big J - I had to edit my last post it was $608 and not $688.My ins. co. picked up the tab but thats what its for eh ? Dont you have ins.? Are you and MMD against unions or just dont want a cluttered W/S ?

I read "over there" that a owner had his w/s removed and after he left realized his mirror would not stay tight so I am passing that info along geez......

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Big J - I had to edit my last post it was $608 and not $688.My ins. co. picked up the tab but thats what its for eh ? Dont you have ins.?
Ah gotcha. Yeah I do but I chose not to push it thru insurance, and paid cash instead. That probably explains the dramatic diff in price.

Are you and MMD against unions or just dont want a cluttered W/S ?
Only speaking for myself, I'm not anti union in general. But I have had to deal with many over the years, and my experiences have proven far far less than positive. But that's a discussion for another thread. And besides, I do hate a cluttered windshield :wink:

I read "over there" that a owner had his w/s removed and after he left realized his mirror would not stay tight so I am passing that info along geez......
You can say where you read it. Link to it even. No need for silly cloak and dagger games here. Info is info is info, regardless of where it comes from :)

And please don't misunderstand; I'm not riding your nutz or anything. I was just surprised at the $$ amount and the needing to 'fix' an otherwise new part. Without knowing any of the details, it sounded to me like the glass they use is thinner than the stock glass, and the riveting process doesn't take that into account.

Its all good RV. Thanks for the heads up on all this!

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the mirror and what it is.....The sleeve that slides over the w/s mount is rivoted to the mirror "stem"and it loosens.Maybe its the way a person removes it since they dont use the set screw anymore.Yea I now I should have taken a pic.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah mine was replaced with OEM glass and was $300. And this is in Los Angeles.

Came to my house and had it done in less than an hour.

c-ne-elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor -vs- F150 windshield

Does anyone know (or can check if you have an F-150 too) if the Raptor windshield is close to the same size as an F-150? I want to order a "custom" sun/heat shield (from Cabela's) for my Raptor we have one for my wifes SUV and they are a great product. Cablea's does not have a listing for a Raptor, only F-150's.

I know that a Raptor is 7" wider than a standard F 150 but not sure if the extra width translates to the windshield too.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
the cab, and therefore the windshield are exactly the same on the Raptor and standard F-150 models. the extra width is a result of the fenders.

fish_scales

Full Access Member
Reaction score
windshield oem?

anyone know if the windshield from safelite has the f-150 logo at the top or where can i get an oem replacement from and is it even possible to get an oem with my road hazard insurance?

my truck is less than a month old when i'm driving today and something hits the windshield from a pickup truck in the lane next to me. i didn't see a chip or anything so i stop to eat lunch, come out the restaurant and the crack is already a foot long. grrrr!