I like to shift!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigdog44SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm just curious how many like to use the manual mode and shift their Raptors? I really like playing with this feature. I feel the truck in auto shifts up to 6 way to fast. I like to run the gears out just a bit. Besides I like the thumb button!

Does an SCT tune make a big difference in shifts so I can return to auto mode?

How do you like to drive?

hackleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 star performance tune will keep it in gear longer. actually stays in gear and helps slowing down. eco-mode tune from 5star is similar to stock. but shifts quicker

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also use my manual shift all the time! Love to rev it out a bit more then the stock program permits especially in the dirt its easier to steer the truck into the corners with the throttle when u keep the rpms up. Some of the programs do delay the shifts a bit ( which people seem to like ) but i didn't want warranty issues. 6th gear @ 40 sucks, 3 down shifts to pic up speed.... :( I also down shift alot but not into first.

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the 93 performance tune and totally took care of the shift issue. I'm sure any of the three performance tunes will accomplish this. Talk to Mike at 5Star. He will help you with this.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'll second the 5 star performance tunes. I'm running stock tune for a couple days for something and it's almost unbearable. Plus with the intake and headers it sounds like shit now.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On the road I find that I can't manually improve on the automatic shift map. The only time I lock out a gear is when descending a hill. Off road, of course, is an entirely different matter.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to get the paddle shift if I want to manual shift. Every time I select the manual mode, I accidentally ram the shifter into neutral or try to pull the shifter back or something stupid. I drive a 18 speed everyday so when I mentally tell myself it's in manual mode, I think I'm driving my Kenworth.