I hate the "Klunk"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed the phy, I haven't had it (knock on wood) but I believe some people also had some rocks or something stuck in their skid and it caused that.

My skids were full of mud, rock, and crap after TRR.. It cause some groaning and squeaks.. After taking them off and cleaning them no more noises... Plus adding adding a couple of drops of dupot teflon dry film lubricant to all the joints on the RPG products (tie rods and upper control arms).
View attachment 9332

-Greg

Last edited:

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, is there any chance of a 2012 having the Driveshaft clunking issue that the 2011's had? I'm asking because I've heard it on some mornings after a cold start and accelleration. After a couple stop and go's, it's gone though. I'm going to start listening for it more and if I hear it - taking it in to the dealer.

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Have a '12 and its had the "clunk" when changingfrom reverse to drive.since day one... The burnout in front of the showroom when I picked it up probably didn't help though.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
My 2010 had the shaft replaced and it fixed it 100%.
My 2012 has never had a problem since I got it in April - although I do notice the tranny shifts a bit differently - its more sluggish than I like but I'll fix that in time.