GEN 1 I expect Gen 1 Raptors to hold their value or maybe even tick up with the new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chiefy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
price is going to drop like a rock, everyone trading them in will be upside down 15k or so

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In order for values to tank they'd need to start spontaneously burning to the ground.

Oh wait the Hellions do..

Chiefly sounds like a futures trader hedging some dark pool. These are trucks not pork belly futures.

And no, I don't see a mass migration from gen1 to gen2. Many will remain happily in their birth/delivery day garages until the owner is buried in it.

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love it when everyone stouts spewing drivel about the prices tanking. Same guys said the same thing this time last year when the Gen2 was first announced.

Hasn't happened yet, and with production not starting until late this year or maybe even after the first of the year, our Gen1's are going to keep bringing a premium price. And the guys that know what they want - i.e.: a V8 powered badass truck - they are going to continue to pay whatever the market will allow them to be sold for.

Gen1 power is still showing that it is worth something, and I can't help but think when the TTV6 comes out and the first Gen2's have some inevitable issues, they are going to still be worth strong numbers well into the 2017 model year.....

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love it when everyone stouts spewing drivel about the prices tanking. Same guys said the same thing this time last year when the Gen2 was first announced.

Hasn't happened yet, and with production not starting until late this year or maybe even after the first of the year, our Gen1's are going to keep bringing a premium price. And the guys that know what they want - i.e.: a V8 powered badass truck - they are going to continue to pay whatever the market will allow them to be sold for.

Gen1 power is still showing that it is worth something, and I can't help but think when the TTV6 comes out and the first Gen2's have some inevitable issues, they are going to still be worth strong numbers well into the 2017 model year.....

That motor, granted a tuned down version of it already can't handle the roughest, toughest terrain in and out like the 6.2, 6.7 Powerstroke and the 5.4 liters can.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score

And like I have said before, our gen1's are greater than the sum of their parts. You could get all the bells and whistles in ours for under 50K. I paid $46 for my loaded 13 SCAB and I could still sell it for that right now! Don't think that will ever be replicated in our trucks again!

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
price is going to drop like a rock, everyone trading them in will be upside down 15k or so

Yeah you keep enjoying that delusional fantasy. Then again seeing as how the Gen2 fanbois actually believe they will get a Gen2 Raptor this year for sticker maybe you do actually believe the ******** you spew.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That motor, granted a tuned down version of it already can't handle the roughest, toughest terrain in and out like the 6.2, 6.7 Powerstroke and the 5.4 liters can.
While your statement is true, the new 3.5 ttv6 is an all new motor and hopefully they have refined some of the problems. I drive one of the current 3.5s and it is a vast improvement in power and mileage but it has problems I wouldn't want on a performance truck, such as turbo lag and can be gutless at certain rpms depending on its own gear selection , maybe with the new 10 speed that will solve that issue itself.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score

Local Ford dealer. I should add that I played the "I'm interested in selling my Raptor" game after being approached by a salesdrone while picking up a part and the offer was based on buying a new '16 Platinum on the lot that day.

Would it have held up once I got in the finance office? Who knows I didn't get anywhere near that. The salesdrone did call back a few days later and left a message that the deal could could go through if I was still interested.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MSRP is over 70k with every option on a '17 SCREW. That makes the current pricing on the '13's and '14's look about right.