I didn't know i was joining a Raptor "gang"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RayMac1963

Reaction score
I've had my truck about a month, and the second week I drove across country on vacation for 2 weeks. From Michigan to Orlando, I came across 3 Raptors on the highway. A road testing Gen 2 going from Detroit to Toledo, one in Kentucky, and one near Georgia/Florida border. I was amused that the drivers wave, thumbs up, orbit around each other trucks admiring them, then line up and put the hammer down. The nice Ford lady driving the gen 2 with all the ford mfg stickers, plants, and monitors gave me plenty of time to look and compare, and she did the same. The Florida guy stuck with me for about 50 miles, but that Kentucky Raptor stayed bumped to tail with me for over 2 hours with the biggest grin on his face as we ate up the highway together. When i finally pulled off to eat, he tooted and tossed a big wave as he kept on rollin. It was at that point, my wife gave me this look and said "what kind of crazy trucking gang did you join when you bought this thing".

Last edited:

Baron138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife doesn't get it either. Ive had Vettes for years and the same thing happens. She said "Every car you buy becomes some unofficial club or something where you all wave or flash lights at each other!" I told her " Its not unofficial,thats just what we do when our wives are with us. When our girlfriends are with us, they flash the other drivers, so you wives better step it up." It was a quiet trip after that

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had my truck about a month, and the second week I drove across country on vacation for 2 weeks. From Michigan to Orlando, I came across 3 Raptors on the highway. A road testing Gen 2 going from Detroit to Toledo, one in Kentucky, and one near Georgia/Florida border. I was amused that the drivers wave, thumbs up, orbit around each other trucks admiring them, then line up and put the hammer down. The nice Ford lady driving the gen 2 with all the ford mfg stickers, plants, and monitors gave me plenty of time to look and compare, and she did the same. The Florida guy stuck with me for about 50 miles, but that Kentucky Raptor stayed bumped to tail with me for over 2 hours with the biggest grin on his face as we ate up the highway together. When i finally pulled off to eat, he tooted and tossed a big wave as he kept on rollin. It was at that point, my wife gave me this look and said "what kind of crazy trucking gang did you join when you bought this thing".
Yep, and when you wave or flash lights and get no response you blurt out "what an *******!!!"