How to ship a bumper across the country?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shortbusdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try uship.com I used it to ship my jeep from Chicago to Phoenix, I also used it to ship a jeep hard top. All you do is put up what you want to ship and what your timeframe is and people bid on doing it. They will keep trying to beat the price of the person before them, and they will maybe use different methods. Someone might have some open room in a trailer, or the bed of a pickup truck etc... it all depends on what you want to pay and how you want it hauled!!

Reaction score
I recommend using Freight Quote at 1-800-323-5441

They are like Priceline is to hotels. Multiple freight company quotes at once. That way you can pick the cheapest

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also recomend fedex ground. We use UPS at my company, but just today we had 3 mobility scooters delivered (110 lbs each) and they came fedex ground. They come from Pride, the largest mobility scooter mfg in the world, so i assume they have done the legwork and got the best deal from fedex. I expected them to come freight!

(We sell parts for scooters and such..so the mobility's werent for me.....got quite a few years before that time!)

--John

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Today I saw that FedEx has a 150lb limit. Didn't verify but it might depend on the bumper/packing. Mine weighed in at 200lbs which would explain why they utilized a not so normal shipping company.

Sy0296

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cost wise, grey hound will be the cheapest but you'll need to pick it up at one of their locations (not a door to door service).

uship is a good way to compare costs with other logistics companies. i believe the quotes they get is "corporate pricing"