How much would you need to be paid to downgrade to a Platinum / King Ranch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intrlaz

Reaction score
Original owner of a 2013 supercrew here w/ 36k miles. I've been feeling cheap lately and can't help notice how well resale prices have held up.

So, a question for the fine members of FRF....if you were to walk into a dealership today with your Raptor and walk out with a used Platinum/King Ranch with similar year and mileage, how much extra cash in your pocket would you need to feel good about your decision to downgrade? (Assuming no mods, taxes, other costs, etc)

I have a number in my head but would like to hear how others feel.

Thanks!

intrlaz

Perauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a huge mistake and sold my 14 White Raptor with 10k for a new 15 Lariat F150 full loaded and hated the truck. I drove it a few hundred miles and have continued to hate it the more I drove it.
I still have the 15 for sale and it looks like I will loose about 8k on the truck,I purchased a 14 Ruby Raptor with 5K and love my truck again,I have will order a 17 Raptor but will drive it before I buy one.

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded in a 14 red raptor for a Shelby and although it was a badass car and very fast I couldn't help but think about the mistake I made. Drove the Shelby for about 2 months and traded it in for my terrain and I love it!

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would not make that trade; however, to answer your question, me personally, anything less than $20k in my pocket would not be worth it. Like others stated, I too traded in a raptor and immediately regretted it. Glad to have another one. Good luck in your decision!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
I

intrlaz

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to trade for a Lariat 6 months ago and put $13k in my pocket. Even took my aftermarket parts off and drove to dealer, only to turn them down.

Thanks all for the confirmation!

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no interest in any other pick ups... if I got rid of the Raptor, I would buy my wife a new car and go back to driving my Toyota.