How many windshield cracks can a Raptor get from a dump truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always allow PLENTY of time/space between a dump truck and myself on the road.....like over 100 yards.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hell, it's not only dump trucks, but ******** citizens pull this stunt with their POV as well. I was on my bike last year heading home and these little rocks were pinging the crap out of me. A car pulled out of the way, & I see a Cadillac SUV pulling a utility trailer with gravel in it. She finally stopped a red light, I pulled up to side of her, & asked politely (okay I might have told was going to kick her ass) to roll her window down & told her she needed to pull off the road since I needed to talk to her about some damage she caused on my bike (I might have used a F bomb once or twice). She actually pulled over into a gas station, and 3 cars pulled in behind us as well. I checked my bike & no major damage was done, but the 3 cars pulled in behind me had cracked windshields. I commenced to jump in her ass (I was very polite & no emotion) about her stupidity & then the local PD pulled in, and now I’m thinking, WTF, did one these asses call the cops on me. I found out one of the cars that pulled in behind me called the PD via cell about 3 miles back. Cop was cool, insurance information gathered, the lady was ticketed for not securing the load properly. I got a thank you from the 3 individuals that had crack windshield for making her pull over. Truthfully, I’m glad the lady didn’t shoot me or use her car as a weapon. Sometimes I seem to think I’m indestructible, will at least I look the part.

Last edited:
OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I try to stay away from dump truck as much as possible.... but there was no avoiding this moron, gravel was just pouring out the back of it, everyone was getting sprayed. Still no call back, I'll call them after 1 to make sure they're back from lunch.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of them are tucked up in so they don't get ripped off and you can only see them from straight on.

D

Deleted member 12951

Long ago I asked my insurance guy about stuff falling out in front of you on the road. He told me that if it never hit the ground and went straight from their vehicle into yours then try to get the drivers info to make a claim and will almost win. If it hits the ground first then its can be seen as your fault more so cause you could of avoided it. Its a fine line but if anything ever happens, it never hit the ground, I watched it fly, had no time to react and bam. Sticking to that story if it ever happens.

Act of God? WTF. That is something that can be avoidable so can't see how that could be claimed as what caused it, its human stupidity not God's. Falling rocks off a hill side, yeah more likely. Damn, might as say anything we do is an Act of God, making a person is God's work (well besides the sex part), right? So now I do harm, oh God's fault for sending a soul down to my mother and now I did something bad. Geez, AZ is messed up if that truly correct.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The tailgate locks were not locked on that truck. I can see the pins clearly and the fingers are up. There a couple different style tailgate locks. Usually, if you see or hear that you're running over little rocks in the road and there not stopping, chances are that they didn't bother to lock the tailgate. Then you have 2 choices. Stay back 200ft from any car or truck because they can flick those stones up into your windshield. Or hammer down and get out in front of that dump truck if you find it. Now I'm not saying cut him off. I'm saying get out in front of him. Trust me, cutting off a 60k to 130k dump truck is not a good idea. Stay safe out there.