How long are YOU traveling to TRR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright ladies and gentlemen TRR is next week and I was wondering, where are you guys coming from and how many miles is it gonna take you to get there? It'll be my first raptor run ever so I'm pretty excited and pretty nervous as well lol

I'm about 30 minutes south of Houston TX so according to iPhone... I'm +\- 420 miles which accounts to 6hr and 45 mins.

D

Deleted member 12951

620 miles and if going the speed limit according to Google, 9hrs. Coming from Missouri but leaving Wednesday after work and staying in Wichita Falls that evening (6hrs) and will head to TRR in the morning for a 3hr drive.

This is nothing compared to the drive for Baja. I put 5,000 miles on my truck in 10 days and it was well worth it!

OP
OP
SVTLOPEZ

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:win:
620 miles and if going the speed limit according to Google, 9hrs. Coming from Missouri but leaving Wednesday after work and staying in Wichita Falls that evening (6hrs) and will head to TRR in the morning for a 3hr drive.

This is nothing compared to the drive for Baja. I put 5,000 miles on my truck in 10 days and it was well worth it!

Lol wow 5k miles in that short period lol any advise since it's my first TRR. I've been told to take it slow since I want to drive my truck back home.

D

Deleted member 12951

:win:

Lol wow 5k miles in that short period lol any advise since it's my first TRR. I've been told to take it slow since I want to drive my truck back home.

You will most likely take it slow the first times around until you start getting familiar with the terrain and know where you can pick up speed or not. Word of advice, avoid jumping and don't slide into corners without knowing whats on the other side. Ruts will flip you, I know.

Despite all the craziness, I've always been able to drive home. These trucks are amazing as it will seem like you are beating the shit out of them and then drive home at 80mph and as smooth as it was going there. I drove 1700+ miles coming back home from Baja at 90 practically the whole way and it drove great.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
5hr 20 min ride. Don't worry about speed, go at your own pace. If somebody catches up to you pull over and let them by. As Rick stated these are tough trucks and can take some abuse but still have limits. Your gonna love it!!!

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright ladies and gentlemen TRR is next week and I was wondering, where are you guys coming from and how many miles is it gonna take you to get there? It'll be my first raptor run ever so I'm pretty excited and pretty nervous as well lol

I'm about 30 minutes south of Houston TX so according to iPhone... I'm +\- 420 miles which accounts to 6hr and 45 mins.

You gonna join HARO on the convoy up there?

OP
OP
SVTLOPEZ

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will most likely take it slow the first times around until you start getting familiar with the terrain and know where you can pick up speed or not. Word of advice, avoid jumping and don't slide into corners without knowing whats on the other side. Ruts will flip you, I know.

Despite all the craziness, I've always been able to drive home. These trucks are amazing as it will seem like you are beating the shit out of them and then drive home at 80mph and as smooth as it was going there. I drove 1700+ miles coming back home from Baja at 90 practically the whole way and it drove great.

I'm gonna try to avoid jumping high lol but I might jump on straight always.

Great advise man. Thank u

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

You gonna join HARO on the convoy up there?

I can't go Thursday but I'm planning to leave Friday around 3am so I can run in the morning. What about you?? I'm trying to ride with another raptors out there.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Speaking of mileage. How many miles do you have your truck lol and what year. I bet you're up there

D

Deleted member 12951

I'm gonna try to avoid jumping high lol but I might jump on straight always.

Great advise man. Thank u

Speaking of mileage. How many miles do you have your truck lol and what year. I bet you're up there

There really isn't any "good" jumps at TRR. Most are short humps on straight away and will tend to lawn dart you so be careful. It's a 14' that I picked up on 3/18/14 (I ordered it and waited) and I am at around 33,600 miles on it right now. My first event was TRR that year after I only had it for 3 weeks.

OP
OP
SVTLOPEZ

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There really isn't any "good" jumps at TRR. Most are short humps on straight away and will tend to lawn dart you so be careful. It's a 14' that I picked up on 3/18/14 (I ordered it and waited) and I am at around 33,600 miles on it right now. My first event was TRR that year after I only had it for 3 weeks.

I'll make sure to take it slow for sure though lol

Dude that's crazy! Have you been to a snowball? Now that's where I wanna go lol