How long will Ford Make Raptors????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AVALANCHE

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anybody have a clue or know someone at Ford, as to how long Ford will make the Raptor. It is a specialty vehicle and like the past SVT lines it seems like they run for 3 -5 years and get put to sleep. It makes me think about trading in my 2010 for the most updated year before they're gone.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, there is no end in sight. Probably like the GT500. It is SVT and going on a 5 year span now. So much for the 2 year "limited edition".

Banned
Reaction score
If there is enough demand they will make em for thirty years.

Ok that's exaggerated but you know what I mean.

AZ SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a clue or know someone at Ford, as to how long Ford will make the Raptor. It is a specialty vehicle and like the past SVT lines it seems like they run for 3 -5 years and get put to sleep. It makes me think about trading in my 2010 for the most updated year before they're gone.

The Lightnings ended in 1995, restarted in 1999 and ended again in 2006. The "stops" were due to drastic changes in the F-150 in 1996 and 2007. The "Gen 3" Lighting never happened because the new F-150 style is much heavier and they could not make a new lighting that was faster than the old L's at a reasonable price (you would need over 500 HP)....or, so I have been told. Makes sense though.

The new F-150 is a much better truck for everything except going fast on the street. I hope these kind off over-the-top 4x4's are in demand a long time, and I hope they keep getting better!:hitit:

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
The Lightnings ended in 1995, restarted in 1999 and ended again in 2006. The "stops" were due to drastic changes in the F-150 in 1996 and 2007. The "Gen 3" Lighting never happened because the new F-150 style is much heavier and they could not make a new lighting that was faster than the old L's at a reasonable price (you would need over 500 HP)....or, so I have been told. Makes sense though.

The new F-150 is a much better truck for everything except going fast on the street. I hope these kind off over-the-top 4x4's are in demand a long time, and I hope they keep getting better!:hitit:

Gen-II Lightnings ended in 2004.

OP
OP
AVALANCHE

AVALANCHE

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I must agree indubitubly ^^^. I hope they continue on and improve as they go too. Not that i'm complaining about what I have but its neat to see great get better.

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
y'all are forgetting, the zombie apocalypse will be here before you know it. so off-road vehicles will be in high demand because let's face it, the world will be a desert wasteland and the Raptor will reign supreme. :Get him!: :Grenade: :biggun: :gunner:

....or what everyone else said...

AZ SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
y'all are forgetting, the zombie apocalypse will be here before you know it. so off-road vehicles will be in high demand because let's face it, the world will be a desert wasteland and the Raptor will reign supreme. :Get him!: :Grenade: :biggun: :gunner:

....or what everyone else said...

Zomies great motivators! Remember to shoot for the head :Jedi: