how good are alcon brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chipw

Reaction score
I have a 2012 scab. stock brakes at the moment. im going to upgrade but wondering how much better the Alcon kit is over upgraded rotors, pads and stainless steel lines?
also, if i went with alcon, will i be able to find pads and rotors later on?

thanks

BlueGoliath96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was also considering the alcon , and am on the fence , anyone could chime on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

chipw

Reaction score
Is there a subforum here that gets more traffic for questions like these?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
don't forget about this, on this page >> https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/ford-f150-raptor-front-brake-kit/

it reads >> *Note: Stock tie rods require an additional tie rod conversion kit for proper fitment.

I have a 2012 scab. stock brakes at the moment. im going to upgrade but wondering how much better the Alcon kit is over upgraded rotors, pads and stainless steel lines?
also, if i went with alcon, will i be able to find pads and rotors later on?

thanks

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The performance is outstanding. We have a set going on our Gen 2 shop truck very soon.

The kit does fit the Gen 1, but we do not have exact data on it. That being said, on a prepped surface with 39" BFG Projects, the Deserti Raptor stopped from 60-0 in 90 feet.

Here's the video on our company Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/apollooptics/videos/2463679783657391/
@BlueGoliath96 - Yes, you can purchase the rotors and pads down the road at anytime from an authorized Alcon vendor. That said, the pad/rotor material is different and is designed to last significantly longer than typical OEM pads.

And, your Readylift Tie Rods should work with the new setup! Please reach out if you have any questions or if we can help get you setup!

Thanks!

Nick

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost pulled the trigger on the full kit when Apollo sent out an email about them last month. I decided to wait till winter ,they would sit in garage till summer is over anyways. I'm really interested on results for a Gen 1. I did hear from a local Arizona Raptor vendor that they did have a issue with a Alcon kit installation on a Gen 1, but they did not give me specifics or details . They Just said we had issues. So i don't know if they were just badmouthing them or what.

How about Apollo doing a group buy?????

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I almost pulled the trigger on the full kit when Apollo sent out an email about them last month. I decided to wait till winter ,they would sit in garage till summer is over anyways. I'm really interested on results for a Gen 1. I did hear from a local Arizona Raptor vendor that they did have a issue with a Alcon kit installation on a Gen 1, but they did not give me specifics or details . They Just said we had issues. So i don't know if they were just badmouthing them or what.

How about Apollo doing a group buy?????

The only "issue" I can think of would be a fitment issue with the kit with stock tie rods. But that clearance issue is known on Gen 1 and Gen 2 trucks. And Alcon recommends either aftermarket tie rods or aftermarket tie rod adapters. This is an issue for other big brake kit manufacturers as well.

Other than that, there shouldn't be any issues with it. I saw the kit installed on a Gen 1 Raptor at the Texas Raptor Run on one of the ADD guy's trucks and they didn't mention anything about any issues. We also haven't heard of any issues with the Gen 1 trucks from Alcon either.