How fast in 4 Wheel Drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
speed governers are usually hit and miss on exact speeds they cut you off at.

in my ranger ive been cut off at 99 mph once, and the next day id be allowed to go 105

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Diff unlocks at 20 or 25, unless in off road I'm pretty sure it stays locked regardless of speed

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I've used my locker up to 80mph, so it's gotta be good all the way to the limiter in ORM.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If ORM is on diff and 4x4 is good all the way up to the governor. If not in ORM that is when the diff kicks out, but 4x4 still good all the way up to the governor. Mine is 100 mph. ORM has to be under 5mph to turn on. Hill Decent is only good for 2 - 20mph but will stay on up to 40 mph before it shuts off and you have to drop below 40 mph to reactivate it.

Diff unlocks at 12 mph in 2h, 25mph in 4H, 62 mph in 4L, and doesn't automatically unlock in ORM. I'm pretty sure you can lock the diff at any speed as long as you are under the limits depending on set up you run like ORM, 2h, 4h, 4L; but I would highly recommend shifting the diff in only when going straight and off the gas pedal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TuckerTravis

TuckerTravis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If ORM is on diff and 4x4 is good all the way up to the governor. If not in ORM that is when the diff kicks out, but 4x4 still good all the way up to the governor. Mine is 100 mph. ORM has to be under 5mph to turn on. Hill Decent is only good for 2 - 20mph but will stay on up to 40 mph before it shuts off and you have to drop below 40 mph to reactivate it.

Diff unlocks at 12 mph in 2h, 25mph in 4H, 62 mph in 4L, and doesn't automatically unlock in ORM. I'm pretty sure you can lock the diff at any speed as long as you are under the limits depending on set up you run like ORM, 2h, 4h, 4L; but I would highly recommend shifting the diff in only when going straight and off the gas pedal.

Awesome thanks.