How far do you travel to go offroad ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Mountain roads

Living in Colorado Springs we are only 20 minutes away from mountain 4x4 roads and dirt trails but have to head south about an hour or so to get to some sandy open area's to really let loose.

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a small, easy crawler course on my property. When I leave my front gate, I have hundreds of miles of National Forest roads at my disposal. The Flagstaff Cinders OHV area is a little over an hour away also. Pavement is miles away.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I lived in Omaha, there was absolutely no off-roading. All private farm land. Tuttle Creek near Manhattan, KS. It was about 3 hours away. The GLRE events in the UP were about 12 hours away.

I would think folks would travel up to about 5 hours for a good weekend meet up. We have been doing monthly meets here in NC and SC. Some are traveling about 5 hours and that's not always to off-road. Some meets have been just either to work on trucks or hang out.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
DezertRacer

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know this topic has been quite for a little bit. But now it has sparked up in a Facebook Raptor group. There has been a Oklahoma Raptor Run group added to face book if you want to keep up to date on this or you can check here . Here is a pic of the property we own and have full access to . Everything in the red box is ours. You can see where i mentioned a hill and plenty of room for staging and ect. Watch for more details to come .

Attachments

• IMG_22024348662085.jpeg
    IMG_22024348662085.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 41