How far do you travel to go offroad ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Was kinda curious how far everybody travels to go offloading ? I have 300 acres in South East Oklahoma that as of now, isn't being used . It has access to running water,power ect and my parents own it . I live in the Dallas Ft Worth area of TX but to go to these "offroad parks " or such places I'm looking between a 3-4 hour trip. Or a place that the track just didn't look worth the drive . Im throwing the idea around of taking the 300 acres and putting it to good use, i know theres some people north that might come down that way but wouldn't drive to Texas. Right now I'm just brain storming I guess. Any input is appreciated

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hah, 14 hours on average for the Chicago guys

I have family in SW Missouri so if was something organized for a long weekend I would be interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DezertRacer

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hah, 14 hours on average for the Chicago guys

I have family in SW Missouri so if was something organized for a long weekend I would be interested

Im thinking long weekends and daily use. Might just turn it into a offroad park.. like i said throwing ideas around .

OP
OP
DezertRacer

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you keep the rocks down and mostly dirt /sand /clay your golden

The rocks are very minimal unless we would include a hill climb section over the top of a little mtn thats also on the property that some might want to include other then that i would pre-run the track and use our bull dozer to remove any unwanted obstacles

OP
OP
DezertRacer

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ocotillo 87
Borrego Springs 90
Ocotillo Wells 93
Plaster City 96
Superstition 106
Glamis 155
Barstow 175

Yea the West Coast is the prime play area for Raptors. Im originally from So-Cal and miss how it was central for a lot of things.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I live just a couple hours south of Huck and yeah, we Illinois owners aren't afraid to travel to play. South Dakota run last year had 7 Illinois trucks I believe and 1 Indiana as well. We have no playgrounds here in corn country.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off road for me is about 500 feet away from the driveway. Gotta love NV, 85% government owned.