How cold is your air?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just like the title says, I don't think mine is very cold, it's not blowing hot air but I think it should be much colder. My last f150 would freeze me. I am going to try and find a temp gauge to stick in the vent and check it. Anyone have an idea of what temp it should be?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It should be whatever temp you set it to I imagine? Get your ac recharged

Wow, that's helpful.

I've found my AC to be sorta lackluster too, and I've read many posts about the same complaint. Mine's all fine and charged. It gets cold enough I suppose, but it's never been THAT cold. I think my 2003 TJ blows colder.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Wow, that's helpful.

I've found my AC to be sorta lackluster too, and I've read many posts about the same complaint. Mine's all fine and charged. It gets cold enough I suppose, but it's never been THAT cold. I think my 2003 TJ blows colder.

I've always been a little disappointed with all of my Ford vehicle's A/C, but it does what it needs to do, never gives me that nice frozen chill like my BMW's would. Granted, I rarely turn on the A/C when it's just me in the truck, but if the wife is with me, 9 times out of 10 she wants the windows up and A/C on.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, that's helpful.

I apologize that my simple piece of advice or idea was not not up to the forum standards. I can only hope that the next time I try to offer help to a fellow forum member that it not only meets, but exceeds in helping solve there problem.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I apologize that my simple piece of advice or idea was not not up to the forum standards. I can only hope that the next time I try to offer help to a fellow forum member that it not only meets, but exceeds in helping solve there problem.

Ya you bastard you should be sorry. :ROFLJest:. But seriously my truck doesn't get ice cold until I've been driving for about a half hour. If it's just a quick drive it's cool enough but it doesn't make my nipples hard.

mridahodan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always thought mine seemed a little weak also. I decided to take my handy dandy multimeter out today and see what it says.

As you can see from the picture, it doesn't seem to be too bad. This was after driving for about 20 minutes.

I'll have to try this in my Honda to compare.

Attachments

• 0610151039.jpg
    0610151039.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 133

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was always disappointed with my a/c too. From the day I bought it, it didn't seem right. Got it recharged and the guy told me that the a/c compressor/condenser...or whatever was on the small side for our raptors. After getting recharged, it was better but not great.

Then I started hearing a sound when I shut off the truck that sounded like a slow winding down of gears when I shut off the truck. Took it in and was told that my a/c compressor went bad! It had I think 10-15k miles on it total at the time!

Seems to me that the a/c is a sorta week point of the truck and is on the small side for our truck. Does the job but not going to be the greatest.

I have to say that my a/c has been much better and consistent since it was repaired. Then again...summer is coming and I get 105+ degree days where I am. The true test will be coming soon!

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
No matter how low I have the A/C on, my truck sounds like a damn 747 taking off. That fan runs so loud ALL THE TIME.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, @Jimbo, my fan still kicks on all the time too and is super loud! That seems normal.

The sound I heard when I knew the compressor was bad was kinda obviously not right and much different that the fan.

That fan is loud as shit tho!