How to claim custom bumper in insurance claim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

yes, you are right. so at this point just push for a payout for oem replacement cost. however, make sure theres no other damage to the truck first

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

tbey need a dollar figure they can use. since its a custom built bumper that you made, there is no dollar figure they can associate with it. since oem is more expensive than aftermarket, i say push for oem replacement, and buy more materials to build a other

Noah, he has my SVC bumper that I used lightly at Raptoberfest. :)
He used what he could and customized the rest.

OP
OP
t_j

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes, you are right. so at this point just push for a payout for oem replacement cost. however, make sure theres no other damage to the truck first

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

tbey need a dollar figure they can use. since its a custom built bumper that you made, there is no dollar figure they can associate with it. since oem is more expensive than aftermarket, i say push for oem replacement, and buy more materials to build a other

Thanks, this sounds like a good route to go.

Just looked up a price on her SUV (lexus rx 330) and she probably totaled it with the damage she did to the rear wheel well. Once insurance is dealt with I'll post pics.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
$1500 something was paid out to replace mine. Bumper was $1100 or so and then they added labor, supplies, and paint

Buy my truck!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As others have said, ask for the full oem replacement value. Don't let them exclude the brackets, skid or paint costs.

My insurance cut a check for the oem bumper and brackets (approx. $1,600) but I had to pay for the skid and frame horn replacements out of pocket. I was at fault though..

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
add up the price on materials, since you did it set a price on your time for labor.
or just get a quote on oem