Horrible Service at Autonation Ford in Houston

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VaderRaptor

Reaction score
Took my '12 SCREW to the Ford dealership (same dealership i bought my Raptor at) yesterday for a minor oil leak I discovered over the weekend. When I say minor, I mean minor, quarter size spot on the garage floor after sittin for 3 days. I had to travel this afternoon so I figure to take the quick and easy way out by dropping it off at the dealership, have them check it out and change the oil at the same time.

Dropped it off and not two hours later I get a call, the oil filter was slightly loose and caused the leak....no big deal, the oil change I requested will take care of it anyways. I also mentioned that my A/C wasn't blowin as cold as it should, so I asked them to look into it. They had to keep it overnight to exchange a broken actuator switch. Covered by warranty so we're all good.

I go this morning to pick it up, get the receipt, and they charged my $128.30 to wipe the oil off of my skid plate and undercarriage. :shocked: WTF?!?! I asked them if they were serious, and sure enough, they charged $128.30 to wipe the oil streaks from underneath my truck. I just about flipped my lid. Who in the holy hell thought this up? Really?

I told them that they are out of their minds and how could they justify such a charge. They got the service manager involved and he reduced the charge to $85.90!! Did he think that was reasonable? I could have had the entire truck detailed for that amount.

When they called me to mention the leaky oil filter, he did not say a word about the crazy charge for wiping up the oil streaks, nor did he even mention they were gonna do it. Had I just taken my truck back and had the oil change elsewhere, maybe it would start to make sense, but this? I got red hot and decided it was better to pay than rip someone's head off. I signed for it and walked off. I called the dealership manager when I got to the office and left a message...of course I have not heard back.

I spent $56K in cash at that dealership, go back to them for service so they can make even more off of the truck for service work, and they repay me by screwin me on something this stupid!!

I love my truck and I would have been a lifetime customer, but this s**t is ridiculous.

Sorry about the venting, still furious, even after a full day of traveling. Just a heads up to anyone in Houston, I would steer clear of Autonation Ford on Gulf Freeway and Beltway 8.

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sounds like a bogus charge or maybe its just their hourly rate for checking out where the leak was and decided to classify it as wipping the skid plate down?

bcjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealerships kinda rip you off sometimes. I had them dismount my old wheels and tires from each other and they charged me 80 bucks. I had the guy I was selling the tires to pay half. It was still high.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stealerships suck sometimes. I think we all have similar stories with almost every shop. I put the blame squarely on local management or lack thereof. If you speak to the General Manager of the whole Dealership, they might make it right. The Service Manager just cares about how profitable the Service Center is doing, while the GM cares about the whole operation.

Good Luck.

Was this the Autonation Ford out in Katy?

BTW, join our Houston Facebook Group. You can vent there too and get lots of local support :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/houstonraptors/

A

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is why you should never go to a dealership unless you absolutely have to. I am sure they charged you that amount because most peeps who spend 50K+ on a truck don't even bother looking at their receipt. And now you know. The next time crawl under your truck and check it out before ever involving your dealership.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

VaderRaptor

Reaction score
DesaRaptor, I'm part of the Houston Raptor page on FB, my name is Christian Ahrens. I just figured this post was too long for FB, might just tag a link.

It's damn shame that these Dealerships don't realize the long term money they are losing through their short term gauging. Then Ford tries to make us endure the gauging and inept people by saying our warranty is only good if a certified dealership works on the truck. It's all one big circle jerk.

On a side note, to top all of it off, Enterprise calls me later in the day to notify me that the POS rental car had a dent in the front..... Sorry Hoss, not when I dropped it off. They told me to leave the car at Ford, so I did. Hours later they come and get it and tell me there is a dent and its my fault. I checked the vehicle and even asked the Ford employee if they would like to walk the car with me....nah it's all good.

Just another headache and reason to steer clear of dealerships.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is why you should never go to a dealership unless you absolutely have to. I am sure they charged you that amount because most peeps who spend 50K+ on a truck don't even bother looking at their receipt. And now you know. The next time crawl under your truck and check it out before ever involving your dealership.

This is bad service no doubt BUT the price of a Raptor pales compared to the big boy oil burners, loaded up in 4wd. So the 50+ plus argument is kind of thin imho...

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is bad service no doubt BUT the price of a Raptor pales compared to the big boy oil burners, loaded up in 4wd. So the 50+ plus argument is kind of thin imho...

Planet Ford in Spring sells F250 King Ranch and Lariats for 53k all day long. Not really more expensive than a Raptor. And with what some of the dealerships charge (especially AutoNation), the Raptor is more expensive than an oil burner.

Find another dealership, OP. There are a handful in Houston that are actually pretty good and won't **** you like that. I went to Gullo recently for an oil change and told them the 3rd brake light had condensation in it and one of the LED's was going out. They looked at it, actually had one in stock, and did the repair and oil change in 2 hours on a Saturday without me having a prior appointment. From what I hear, Tomball Ford is pretty good as well and they might be closer to you...