Hit and Run in Driveway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So yesterday I had to go into the office. I took the company vehicle bc my wife was taking to dealer to get serviced while I ran two tests. Roughly 5 hours later, I backed into the driveway and she said, "What the **** happened to your fender?" I get out and noticed some **** hit me....in my driveway!!!

My guess is, someone used my driveway to turnaround with a trailer causing the damage. Who the **** does something like this? Nevermind the other driveways with zero vehicles parked.

I washed the truck three weeks ago and it has not moved since bc I do want salt on it, so I know it happened yesterday, and I know it happened in the driveway.

Cannot wait for new house to be finished as I'll have a 4 car garage so all vehicles will be indoors. d5ad9fd298f42f16f4d00d9c04f0e576.jpg
ce6ed6c6b8db398899769888ddb9471e.jpg
5db3719181eddd60000e3381f9dcdd61.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That is disheartening. The good news is that a good body shop will spiff that right up.

I’ve have other things similar happen. My mailbox has been taken out twice by contractor trucks. One time, probably cell yakking, the guy clearly ran up over the curb; if it was a car they would have been beached. Nice, deep divots in the grass and scuffs over the concrete. Then there’s the Amazon / Laser Ship delivery drivers. I’d love to have those embedded tire poppers that rental companies use.

OP
OP
TScozz

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is very disheartening! I will get the damaged fixed, but just ****** me off. I filed a report to cover myself and the officer asked me, "Do you know anyone who is mad at you?" I replied, "Well, I run polygraphs, so yeah, probably a few people. But no one knows where I live." We both chuckled.

Adam Ratatat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brother, I invested in cameras for the front of the house for theft and Hit and runs. Might want to throw some up, just in case. Sorry to hear what happened.

OP
OP
TScozz

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We are just renting this place so I did not want to invest too much in improving this place more than I already have. I know have our doggie cam watching the driveway.

I will have some on the new house for sure.

Adam Ratatat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are just renting this place so I did not want to invest too much in improving this place more than I already have. I know have our doggie cam watching the driveway.

I will have some on the new house for sure.

10-4. Hope its an easy fix brother and that the ****** that did it gets their's.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a reolink camera off amazon, and store the video on a old computer with a 1 T hard drive on a usb link.

It is high resolution video, and I used it to record a old truck turning around in driveway and got his licence plate when he dumped his load down the street about 100 yards. The local cops looked up a local address and paid the fellow a visit.

OP
OP
TScozz

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just set up my Samsung 360 that I used to spy of our dog. She is a Weimaraner and does funny shit when we are away. She opens drawers, doors, and toilet papers the house. She has not destroyed anything that wasn't a toy. I'll need to get something else, but will do for the next week while I am out of town. Current view....I have it recording on video loop.

This was a venting thread, but also a "beware" to others. Hope that ****** stops back by.
aad8668540b06d8fbb8982222930f4a8.jpg

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a scumbag. At least you didn’t get any body damage. I had the exact same thing exact same spot a budget rental truck scuffed it in a parking lot. Only it caught the edge of my method rim and gave that a nice little gouge too. That flare is $435 painted from ford and the plastic hardware another 30 bucks or something. Could have been worse. People suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk