High pitched whine when hitting the brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suprspinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else's raptor do this? Whenever it snows or rains, when I first start the truck and start to back out the brakes whine terribly for a good minute and then it stops. I tried to get a video of it and it's pretty noticeable in the cab. https://vimeo.com/113092846 please let me know if anyone else has this problem or not. Thank you guys again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, mine does a similar noise when pulling out of the garage when its humid. Mine seems louder though, but it could be because of the video. Wont happen the rest of the day either.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once it stops it won't happen again, I just don't understand what causes it...

You might want to bring this up the next time you're at your dealership for a maintenance appointment, suprspinner. I'm sure they'd be willing to check it out and answer any questions you have.

Crystal

OP
OP
suprspinner

suprspinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might want to bring this up the next time you're at your dealership for a maintenance appointment, suprspinner. I'm sure they'd be willing to check it out and answer any questions you have.

Crystal

I will Crystal thank you. It's just hard to explain cause by the time I get to the dealership it won't be happening anymore.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did that exact same thing for the first time last week. I just attributed it to corrosion on the rotors after a rainy day and humid night.

I notice it looks like there is snow on the ground. Likely salt on the roads too causing surface rust even quicker.

I didn't drive mine all day yesterday and it rained. I will check the rotors and see if it happens today when I back out.

OP
OP
suprspinner

suprspinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did that exact same thing for the first time last week. I just attributed it to corrosion on the rotors after a rainy day and humid night.

I notice it looks like there is snow on the ground. Likely salt on the roads too causing surface rust even quicker.

I didn't drive mine all day yesterday and it rained. I will check the rotors and see if it happens today when I back out.

That's what I thought but it sounds like it's more mechanical almost if there's excess air some how in the brake line and it's being forced out causing it to whistle/whine.

D

Deleted member 12951

Mine does a little but it sounds like the typical brake squeal. Yours sound a lot louder and more like a whistle. How many miles on the brakes?