High mileage owners please check in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just turned 100,000 miles. Since last post 6 more oil changes..last at 99,986. Replaced belt tensioner/serpentine belt at 89,000 miles. Replaced IWE's, actuators at 85,000. Installed RPG RST 16, Deavers, drop shackles and Fox 3.0 on front, 3.5 on rear; RPG Raceline bumpers front and rear. Replaced CV axles after torn boot on passenger side during DD lV. Installed new air filter after DD lV. Replaced plugs at 100,018.
Still averaging 16 mpg on flat highway. Driver's seat bottom needs to have new foam installed. Otherwise still love the truck, and look forward to every trip/off road excursion....

Eddie

Last edited:

Lukeclement

Reaction score
I’m at 94k on my 2011 and there’s a slight rumble/shudder in my truck while coasting or under low rpm cruise... Any ideas?

Also as I slow I hear a subtle wow wow wow that slows with deceleration.

Half shafts and front berings and breaks are fine, replaced a few seals but no failed parts were found.

Any ideas?

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m at 94k on my 2011 and there’s a slight rumble/shudder in my truck while coasting or under low rpm cruise... Any ideas?

Also as I slow I hear a subtle wow wow wow that slows with deceleration.

Half shafts and front berings and breaks are fine, replaced a few seals but no failed parts were found.

Any ideas?

Was gonna suggest hub bearings....never mind. But still put it on the lift and rotate every wheel....

Sitting at over 75k miles. No problems, but sunk a bunch of money towards preventative stuff, fluids brakes, rebuilt shocks.....Love it very time i get to drive it.

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
166k here and still going strong with my 2010 5.4L. She still gets 14mpg with 37's and can occasionally pull 17+ on an extended road trip. Hoping she's got another 150k in her.

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
165K 2012 Black SCREW

I just hit 165K on my 2012 Raptor. I have driven them all except the 1.3 miles when I bought it off the showroom. Mostly highway, but a lot of desert off road when in Utah for 2 years.

K&N Drop-in Air Filter
5-Star 93 Performance Tune
Rigid Dually Driving & Spots
TRS HID Headlight Conversion and LED Bulbs all around

Just put on my 5th set of tires. (4 sets Nitto Trail Grapplers)
Two Fox Rebuilds and due for another (Forged Offroad this time)
Replaced the stock brakes at 85K with EBC 3GD, YellowStuff and Powerstop Performance.
Dealer Performed 100k service Ford Performance Spark Plugs and wires, Radiator flush and Trans Fluid Change (don't do this, but luckily no problems)
Exhaust Replacement due in the Spring

Oil Change 12-15k Mobil 1 and Ford Performance Filter.

Only problems, Mirror Heaters work Intermittently. Rattle on Tranny/Diff Skid Plate where Dealer stripped the bolt.

Not for Sale EVER.
2018 Magnetic SCREW on order, Late Feb 2018 delivery.

Attachments

• IMG_3078.jpg
    IMG_3078.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 89
OP
OP
waddellw

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
166k here and still going strong with my 2010 5.4L. She still gets 14mpg with 37's and can occasionally pull 17+ on an extended road trip. Hoping she's got another 150k in her.
Very impressive MPG's!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

seems like alot to me, no one posted its been trouble free
Mostly maintenance stuff really, but there's a few issues here and there!

I'll put it this way too, it has been the most trouble free vehicle I have owned ever. Even with the little stuff here and there I still love it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just hit 92800 on my 2013. Waiting on my NGK spark plugs to come in, changing my brakes soon. Having ford due the rest of the preventative measures like transmission/fuel filters/injectors/ all other fluids. Shocks are great still, haven’t off-road this beast in three years.:redface:

One day again...

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just hit 165K on my 2012 Raptor. I have driven them all except the 1.3 miles when I bought it off the showroom. Mostly highway, but a lot of desert off road when in Utah for 2 years.

K&N Drop-in Air Filter

5-Star 93 Performance Tune

Rigid Dually Driving & Spots

TRS HID Headlight Conversion and LED Bulbs all around

Just put on my 5th set of tires. (4 sets Nitto Trail Grapplers)

Two Fox Rebuilds and due for another (Forged Offroad this time)

Replaced the stock brakes at 85K with EBC 3GD, YellowStuff and Powerstop Performance.

Dealer Performed 100k service Ford Performance Spark Plugs and wires, Radiator flush and Trans Fluid Change (don't do this, but luckily no problems)

Exhaust Replacement due in the Spring

Oil Change 12-15k Mobil 1 and Ford Performance Filter.

Only problems, Mirror Heaters work Intermittently. Rattle on Tranny/Diff Skid Plate where Dealer stripped the bolt.

Not for Sale EVER.

2018 Magnetic SCREW on order, Late Feb 2018 delivery.

12-15k oil change intervals? Computer says ~7k no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro