High mileage owners please check in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

40oz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for some feedback from members. On the verge of finally purchasing a Raptor. High miles I know, but this thing is mint. Check out the service history. I think priced well. Please looking for input, I have wanted a raptor for many years, and now one in my price range.

Used 2012 Ford F-150 For Sale | Mobile AL

Thanks, I know not a very strong first post, but if I purchase, I will get better.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think it looks good for the price. i bought mine at 119k 2013 screw fully loaded for 31k
obviously add, title, tax, lic im a little under 35k. mine is also minty fresh.

its worth it to pay a little more and get all the options and extras you want.

40oz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It is minty fresh and has every option. I was hoping for some feedback from high mileage Raptor owners.

OP
OP
waddellw

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the wait, I have almost 90k miles and my shocks are completely dead. I'm sure you'll have to throw down some money for new or rebuilt shocks. Other than that it's up in the air. Those could be just a lot of highway miles and you could be just fine or those could be a lot of rough off-road miles. You really just need to check for the signs of damage. Other than that my list of things I replaced along with all the others is neatly listed above here.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jimster58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought mine at 103K miles - inspected and everything was in great shape with just a few caveats. Tires will likely need replacing in 6-8 months; shocks will need a rebuild at the first opportunity, but still ok; rear window/mirror defrost inoperative; TPS warning goes off once in a while with good tire pressure, but will attend to that when new tires are installed; parking brake pedal doesn't fully activate the switch when released. Mostly annoyances and easily resolved when I get the time to take care of them.

This thread helps provide a very useful heads-up as to what to potentially expect. Many thanks! Not being the first owner of my truck, I don't know the maintenance history aside from what CarFax records...not an infallable source.

With the abundance of feedback on these trucks available on this forum - a high mileage Raptor purchase after you've done your research should be pretty concern-free. I waited almost a year while seriously looking for just the right opportunity and in the end, was rewarded by my effort with a very affordable, no accidents, and rare opportunity to get a fully-loaded 2013 for a great price. With all I had learned here about how well these trucks stand the test of time/miles and what to look for, I didn't hesitate.

Last edited:

nugg

Reaction score
I have 126k miles on my 2011 SCREW fully loaded. No major problems. The only thing that I had to fix was a door adjar sensor problem due to a break in the wire harness. Backup cam has been giving me issues, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It has been a freaking great truck to me, hoping it'll continue for 100k !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fat Nelly

Banned
Reaction score
I am at 117K and here is a rundown of my experience so far. Truck was clean, old man owned and garaged so exterior is flawless. Never touched dirt!

Bought the truck 2 months ago with 109K for $26K. I got a great deal but it needed a bunch of stuff once I started driving it. The steering wheel and front end had so much bump steer and shimmy feel to it I almost go rid of it the first week.
But realized it had many miles and with a little effort it will be fine I told myself. :biggrin: Then came the grinding noise from the passenger side front wheel, then the clunking transmission when slow drive from 2nd to 1st. Did I mention the stock shocks were completely blown and causing an uneasy feel at speeds? Will it ever stop I said to myself? It started to worry me but I kept a positive outlook and started to fix each little issue one at a time.

See below for remedies
Bump steer/ shimmy- new ford rack and tie rods from RPG. 80% cured. fox 3.0 up front made it 100% like new.
Grinding noise- front hub wheel lock vacuum lines. replaced entire front section from brake booster to each wheel.
Clunk in 1st- dealer lubed driveline and its gone
Shocks blown- New fox 3.0 all the way around

Since then the rear camera started working intermittently. Fixed it by cleaning the connections near the rear spare tire and behind the camera on the tailgate. Works fine now!

Miles are going to add up fast so I'll check in at 200K

Last edited:

40oz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow up after 2 weeks of ownership.

160K on the clock. Exterior flawless. Interior is close to perfect.

Shocks have been gone. I am pretty sure the shocks are original. Currently on the waiting list for the exchange program.
Rear dif has leak around vent tube. I assume tube is plugged or water in dif...fluid change is coming.
High pressure power steering hose leaking.

Other than that truck has been solid. Tires are new. Plan to drive until the tires need replaced and look to see what 2018 Gen 2 has to offer.

jolsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my 2011 in for a set of Falken MT's today and found some play in the front left wheel. Had purchased the Ford extended warranty plan which is good for 125,000 miles, the odometer was on 124,962. Called the Ford dealer ,which is 42 miles from the tire shop, to see if the repairs would be covered. They said the odometer would have to show under 125,000 at check-in, they have to take a picture of it for the warranty work. So, had to get it hauled to the dealer for $265. The service guy called to say the right side was starting to go out as well and both sides would be covered by warranty. It cost me $365. for being a procrastinator, but cheaper than paying for the parts. This is the best truck I've ever owned and I hope it last as long as I do.