High mileage owners please check in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peattie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles did your rebuilt shocks last?

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

How does a brake pad just fall out?

I didn't do my first rebuild till 97k which was a horrible mistake on my part. Im doing them about 30-35k now which is the recommended mileage for on and off road usage

C3855

Reaction score
115k, no engine issues , replaced all 4 brake pads around 100k , climate control motor and conector replaced, still love it, thinking about doing the hellion turbo kit in april. Been driving around w no muffler and resignator (tore it off during an adventure ;) ) sounds good to me though!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How's 4X4 system holding up since it was fixed?
its actually working like its supposed to now. took 6 different dealers to fix it, but its working.

so heres the problems i have had with my truck. 3 right front axles, left front axle, complete rear end, transmission rebuild (my fault, but covered under warranty) both 4wd actuators replaced, one was replaced multiple times, with the exception of the transmission, those were all due to the dealer replacing broken parts and not finding the root cause of the issue. new wire harness and new pcm . thats all i can think of right now. i think there were a couple more small issues i had, but i cant remember right now.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just turned 80k miles. I replaced the brakes recently with OEM parts.

Only issues I've had is a clogged catalytic converter replaced under warranty and numerous issues with rusted rocker panels (in the shop 4 times for about 5 weeks). Dealer also messed up my Mag Hy-Tec cover and it leaked.

But it's been very good overall.

Lugnut2683

Reaction score
I'm @ 132K miles (bought used @50K). Standard maintenance items like brakes/tires/oil/coolant/fluids regularly has kept the truck running strong. Recently had Paul rebuild my Fox 2.5's as well, which was long overdue.

Other failures (I don't have the mileage for these):
- Driver's side mirror LED turn signal
- Driver's side blend door actuator (****... not ready to attempt this on my own yet)
- Heater core (see above)
- Third brake light
- Tail light lens covers fell off one day (both at the same time, go figure)

And for the life of me, I can't get the TPMS light to reset after new wheels/tires/TPMS sensors. I have the tool to reset, have gone through numerous versions of the procedure, and even attempted to calibrate the sensors by doing the full deflation/re-inflation of the tires. Guess I'll take it to the dealer...

C5kP5Od.jpg

Last edited:

mwaite09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 just passed 80K and my issues started at around 75K

* rings and pinions
* 4x vacuum hose
* fuel pump fuse
* new brakes and rotors
* new tires
* backup camera on the frits (dealer checking Friday)
* sent request for shocks rebuild

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power steering hose leak at 60k
Second set of tires
Original brakes
Religious oil changes
Recent creaking noise from passenger front suspension (have rpg uca and noticed bulging bushing ....hmm)
Had that strange fuel pump fuse blow.

The truck has never been touched by a dealer and has really been great!