High mileage owners please check in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woutvc

Reaction score
120K km (no miles 95% highway).
Only had the waterpump replaced.
Even the brakes are all original and never replaced.
Shocks are now Fox 3.0 so the OEM shocks can be rebuild and sold.

The engine runs on Autogas and still no issues. (for economic reasons)

No major issues from my side.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just turned 120k yesterday..

Oil pump in the bottom end went around around 30k
Rebuilt shocks
complete ac system went out
driver heated seat quit working
actuator doors in the dash need replacing
rear door lock
alternator went bad about 110k
minor rear axle leak

Need another rebuild here shortly, so probably replacing with 3.0's. Other than that, just basic maintenance

How many miles did your rebuilt shocks last?

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Had the front brake pad fall out like the poster above. (At around 93k or so)

Can't give much more helpful insight as it already had almost 92k on it when I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does a brake pad just fall out?

OP
OP
waddellw

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles did your rebuilt shocks last?

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

How does a brake pad just fall out?
My brake pads on the front fell out first then the brake went to the floor and I guess it ripped out the rear ones.

I was told mine failed due to mud on the pads though I'm still dumbfounded by how it all happened. Lesson learned though. Expensive fix, now I try to give them a good spray after offroading!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brake pads on the front fell out first then the brake went to the floor and I guess it ripped out the rear ones.

I was told mine failed due to mud on the pads though I'm still dumbfounded by how it all happened. Lesson learned though. Expensive fix, now I try to give them a good spray after offroading!

hmmm that's still unbelievable :)

So if I don't offroad (pavement queen), the brake pads probably won't fall off? lol

David

OP
OP
waddellw

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm that's still unbelievable :)

So if I don't offroad (pavement queen), the brake pads probably won't fall off? lol

David
I think ford told me if I only drive the raptor the way it wasn't supposed to be driven that everything would be fine hahah

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think ford told me if I only drive the raptor the way it wasn't supposed to be driven that everything would be fine hahah

Your post could have a double meaning. It could imply that we are "supposed" to take care of the vehicles and drive them with care...

or

It could be implied that this was engineered to take abuse so go offroading and have fun with....but something will break?

Sorry but I just read that 2 different ways

David

OP
OP
waddellw

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your post could have a double meaning. It could imply that we are "supposed" to take care of the vehicles and drive them with care...

or

It could be implied that this was engineered to take abuse so go offroading and have fun with....but something will break?

Sorry but I just read that 2 different ways

David
Both work I guess hahah, sounded like they were trying to tell me to stick to being a street queen though [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

rmschaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100 K and still going strong. First owner had issue with brakes from a lack of care. They would not move fully and it screwed the rotors and calipers up. He had them all replaced and promptly sold it to me. Had minor issue with fan controller failure. Nothing major and still loving it.