Help me pack for the 500.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some friends of mine are already planning our trip to next years Baja 500. So far it looks like 3 guys and 2 bikes in my Super cab. We are making the trip from Houston, and I'm going to try to pack as light as possible, but even with the bare minimum, we will have a lot of gear.

Does any one have any experience hauling 2 bikes and equipment in a Raptor?

Here is a list of all the stuff I Know is coming with us...

2 CRF 450's
3 gear bags
1 cooler
1 gas can
1 ramp ( dont now how big it will be)
1 tool box
1 action packer for assorted stuff (recovery gear, spare tubes, tequila, etc.)
1 first aid pelican case

I have not had the time to test fit any thing yet, but I'm not sure if it is even possible to fit it all into the bed. I would like to try and keep as much stuff OUT of the cab as possible. A Scab doesn't have enough leg room to put extra stuff in the cab. I wish a company made a chase rack specifically for bikes...

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Some friends of mine are already planning our trip to next years Baja 500. So far it looks like 3 guys and 2 bikes in my Super cab. We are making the trip from Houston, and I'm going to try to pack as light as possible, but even with the bare minimum, we will have a lot of gear.

Does any one have any experience hauling 2 bikes and equipment in a Raptor?

Here is a list of all the stuff I Know is coming with us...

2 CRF 450's

3 gear bags

1 cooler

1 gas can

1 ramp ( dont now how big it will be)

1 tool box

1 action packer for assorted stuff (recovery gear, spare tubes, tequila, etc.)

1 first aid pelican case

I have not had the time to test fit any thing yet, but I'm not sure if it is even possible to fit it all into the bed. I would like to try and keep as much stuff OUT of the cab as possible. A Scab doesn't have enough leg room to put extra stuff in the cab. I wish a company made a chase rack specifically for bikes...

8 gal action packers fit really well behind the fender well in the bed. One on each side with tie downs. First aid kit under seat. 45 qt yeti in cab. Easy access. Soft side tool bags. Ramp and 5er between bikes. Soft stuff wedged everywhere else.

FODE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe hauler for 2 bikes... Then put the other stuff in the bed

Sent from my iPhone using My

Fyermanbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should all fit but it will be tight and that's a LOT of weight for stock springs! Don't plan on doing much off-roading with that much weight. Don't forget folding chairs or something to sit on.

OP
OP
stewwalker

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 gas can for 3 engines? Personally I'd take no less than 15 gallons As back up

The gas is just for the bikes. I try to never be too far from a gas station or beer store. God forbid we run out of beer...

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

It should all fit but it will be tight and that's a LOT of weight for stock springs! Don't plan on doing much off-roading with that much weight. Don't forget folding chairs or something to sit on.

Depending on the race course, we will probably be based out of the hotel in Valley T. I figure we'll drop everything we don't need at the hotel, and I'll chase with only gear bags, cooler, and a tool box in the back of the truck.