Help before I buy a toyhauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad all of the helpful advice was ignored in this thread. Towing over a stated limit is unsafe, plain and simple. I'm not trying to start something, but do all of the rest of us a favor and be super careful.

Also, as someone that was in an accident towing a enclosed car trailer that wasn't my fault, the investigating officer and insurance will look at what you were towing and if it was within OEM guidelines. All of the GVWR's were recorded in the accident and the weight of the car trailer loaded was inquired. I was under and there were no issues because of that.

OP
OP
dirtfan54

dirtfan54

Reaction score
I just thought alot of it was worried and complaining not advise except the gentleman that tows the same trailer! I own my own company running 7 semi trucks so with my knowledge and experience I went ahead with it. I didn't see one person comment that they have pulled a trailer similar to mine and had issues. I actually bought the trailer from a good friend who owns the rv dealership and after talking with him I knew I would be ok. only reason the raptor and f150 have different towing capacities is due to the raptors soft suspension and with my bags and blue ox sway pro system I am more then above a f150.

jason07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive towed about 6500 lbs with my stock Raptor and thought it struggled. I just leave the towing to my iceboats F150 now. It tows so much better.
photo2-7_zps6205d390.jpg